Getting rid of pine tree sap in my climbing line and split tail..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2/3 water 1/3 part tecnu poison ivy soap... just put in a bucket overnight.. sap melts right off and it will leave your line clean and wont damage it...

also here in FL we have alot of subtropic I.E ficus, rubber trees, these thing are like elmers glue factory, you get done with one of these you never have to gel your hair again:msp_biggrin:

2/3 water 1/3 part tecnu poison ivy soap... just put in a bucket overnight.. sap melts right off and it will leave your line clean and wont damage it...

I never have problems with pine sap but this is interesting... I usually cut up a bar of ivory and throw it into a front loading commercial machine with my ropes... I'll have to check out your method... ;)

I never have problems with pine sap but this is interesting... I usually cut up a bar of ivory and throw it into a front loading commercial machine with my ropes... I'll have to check out your method... ;)

He is right technu works good. does all kinds of stuff, after a day of messing in oil and hydraulic fluid its the only thing that gets that smell out of my hands. I also use it to get tar off my saws, handsaws, trucks or whatever. That stuff was designed for removing radio active particles from your skin. It works pretty well against poison ivy keeps the outbreaks from being terrible.

...got a bucket mixed behind the shop... u can use it a couple of times (just cover it so it cant evaporate) ... stir it up and put your rope in... if the rope is real bad ill put some tecnu directly on the thick sappy parts before i toss it in the bucket... in the morning check the rope, rinse (blast it with the hose in a milk crate or use washer)...let it dry (i tie it tree 2 tree)...and ur off to the races...

Clean your ropes.

The best product i've found to remove pine pitch is fast orange ! Works great on your hair, cloths everything that i used it on.

Back