Getting wood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 same here I burned some apple and cherry from a orchard in Dec real nice wood Now I have some kind odd bush to burn from a neighbor Don't now what it is 3'' in dia and heavy but it burns hot and long

How far away are you from Kalispell? We're talking about having a GTG in June.

We have Mountain ash (I think?) here all lover the logging roads... Thick like bear hair? Maybe I'll start cutting on some of the decent sized stuff and see how it burns?

How far away are you from Kalispell? We're talking about having a GTG in June.

We have Mountain ash (I think?) here all lover the logging roads... Thick like bear hair? Maybe I'll start cutting on some of the decent sized stuff and see how it burns?
I would say kalispell would be a 4 hour drive maybe 3.5 depending how fussy they are at the boarder.

Also known as "Hollywood". It is so perfectly straight and easy splitting. Stacks so perfectly I can stack it to the rafters. Burning Lodgepole also keeps the house at a comfortable temp, oak can run me out of the house. I'm burning about 50-50 Oak and Lodgepole this year.
Dok
Being a bit of a red neck I don't like words like Hollywood lol!

Now that I have a wife I am not sure! lol

Well shoot, why didn't you say you were married? I'm talking to the wrong person--her being the boss and all. LOL

I think it's going to be a hoot... Looking like a three day weekend deal, with events, firewood cutting, good company and food.

It's gong to be a full on camping deal--so it should be a hoot. I have a buddy with a big industrial BBQ, so I'm also debating on maybe a hog roast? Or maybe one of them wild 'venison' hogs? LOL

One would be inclined to think with all the forest fires the State of CA would be paying folks to clean up dead fall and blow down.

Back