Glass door on woodstoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to see the fire extinguishers.
We have one in the living room; one in our bedroom; one by the back door; one down stairs; one in the garage; and one in the truck. One in the RV trailer. There are two bedrooms down stairs, so maybe one more is in order even though we are empty nesters. Each one also has a small flashlight attached to it. Smoke alarms get batteries replaced each December 1st. All but one is hard wired.
EDIT.
I was just looking at the size of the fire extinguisher. Medium size, nine pounds plus, and needs recharging!!!! Time to check the others...

I love our glass door and agree it's important to know what's going on in there. We rent the downstairs of our house and wood is the only heat down there. Unfortunately our previous renter closed the door on a log that was too big and broke the glass, so there cheap option was to get a piece of steel the size of the glass. Still makes me mad.. Do you think ceramic glasss would be an option for a wood stove. any other types of glass seem WAAAAY expensive

Glass door for me, I can see what the fire is doing and I like the ambience of it. Nothing better than coming in from the cold/snow and sitting next to the fire.
IMG_20221024_130604687.jpg

How long have you been burning in it? The glass on mine gets sooted up pretty quickly.View attachment 1039446
Mine will soot up if I have it shut down and it's just a slow rolling burn. Whenever I get the fire burning hot, it cleans the glass.

All beautiful stoves, I'd like to buy one of those more ornate ones someday, but mine is worth its weight in gold to me , and It only cost me 700$ about 11 yrs ago
that jotul has no moving parts and baffles in the pipe to open and forget to close. my parents are getting up there and we spent alot more. but they cant really mess it up and burn the house down/ that heareth was specifically raised, so they can sit down to start it and maintain it.

Back