Gloves for brush cutting -AND- applying Glyphosate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elric

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
In my lone kamikazee attacks on invasive bush Honeysuckle, I crawl up to the trunk, cut and paint [use a Birchmeier Spray Star]. I'm looking for a flexible glove with tough palms and the palm-side of fingers, for use in cutting, spraying [hand sprayer], and moving slash. Exam gloves don't make it [especially the elbow length models! ].

My drink of choice is aquatic-rated Glyphosate at a %25 concentration. I'd say it's quite tractable, but the labels call for gloves with nitrile or butyl. Something. I do not do foliar spraying. Nope.

You need what we call "pickle gloves" They're a heavy work glove coated in pvc with rubber grit embedded. They are about a tough as a glove can get and they're waterproof.
Gung ho! What about hot weather and needing some dexterity? Let me try WITHOUT the blasted through-line:

I'm looking for a flexible glove with tough palms and the palm-side of fingers, for use in cutting, spraying [hand sprayer], and moving slash. Exam gloves don't make it [especially the elbow length models! ].

Hmm seems your trying to use one glove where 2 would fit the bill better. We use the gloves mentioned previously at work for handling solvents, and chemicals. They are great for that, but leave dexterity out in the woods. They are typically not close fitting, which doesn't matter much for spray applications or parts washing. I would reccomend them for your spraying tasks and a simple rubber coated glove for your other chores. I get mine off Amazon in bulk. No particular brand seems much better then the next.

Lot closer to my impossible dream. Any with a fabric back?
Yes they have a fabric back, basically a fabric glove dipped in latex or the like. Just go on Amazon and type in rubber coated gloves. Tons of them pop up. Pick the one you like. I just get whatever is cheapest with decent reviews at the time I need them. Keep a few pairs in the truck, saw box, rigging box. When the wear out just grab another pair.

Yes they have a fabric back, basically a fabric glove dipped in latex or the like. Just go on Amazon and type in rubber coated gloves. Tons of them pop up. Pick the one you like. I just get whatever is cheapest with decent reviews at the time I need them. Keep a few pairs in the truck, saw box, rigging box. When the wear out just grab another pair.
We use the cut resistant ones a lot, our guys like them for framing and concrete work. Cheap enough to replace every couple days and tough enough to not get your hands tore up and they are very flexible.

Latest posts

Back