Gloves for cold weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyX3M

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just want to ask all of you working in cold weather- what kind of gloves are you using? I myself find it to be really hard to find a good balance between grip and feeling (like if I need to close or undue biner or tie a knot) and a warmth. Seems to me like all the gloves I tried is either too bulky or too cold - in witch case I have the same problem- if I can't feel my fingers I can't work well.
Any suggestions?
PS. I'm talking about temps from 32 to -15F

attachment.php

I use Atlas Therma Fit gloves when it gets cold. Keeps your hands warmer than a traditional leather glove and the rubber coating provides great dexterity. They work great in wet weather as well. One of the draw backs,is if you let the rope "run" through these gloves, the rubber coating will tend to wear off. Other than that, they are great.

If it gets really cold out, you can always wear light cotton gloves underneath a larger size of the Atlas gloves.

I bought a pair of winter rubberized gloves featured in sherrils latest catalog. Ive used them a little. Dexterity isn't as good as the other gloves I use. (Yougstown black gloves) but they might be nice when it gets real cold..... Mike

What Squad143 said. Those are the only gloves I use in the winter whilst in the tree. The best I have come across so far.

attachment.php

I use Atlas Therma Fit gloves when it gets cold. Keeps your hands warmer than a traditional leather glove and the rubber coating provides great dexterity. They work great in wet weather as well. One of the draw backs,is if you let the rope "run" through these gloves, the rubber coating will tend to wear off. Other than that, they are great.

If it gets really cold out, you can always wear light cotton gloves underneath a larger size of the Atlas gloves.

:agree2: good gloves, cheap too!

attachment.php

Atlas Therma Fit gloves when it gets cold. Keeps your hands warmer than a traditional leather glove and the rubber coating provides great dexterity. They work great in wet weather as well. One of the draw backs,is if you let the rope "run" through these gloves, the rubber coating will tend to wear off. Other than that, they are great.

:agree2: Nuf said!:cheers:

Back