Gloves???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to be careful with the Kevlar, Spectra, and stainless steel protective gloves designed to protect against knife cuts.

The protective fabrics in chainsaw chaps are batts of fibers that are designed to shred, tangle in the sprocket, and stall out the saw. These other types of gloves do not shred; the woven fabric could get hooked on a cutter and actually drag the user's hand and arm further into the chain.

They are intended for blades without teeth, like a knife. They are also not effective against punctures or needlesticks.

Philbert
(playing the safety guy in Minnesota)

Interesting, although I'm pretty sure there are Spectra gloves marketed that are claimed to prevent needle sticks.

I've been using some old Nomex flying gloves as they are a bit more cut resistant than leather and don't bunch up in the palm, which my riggers gloves do. (and which are literally a pain)

baileysonline.com sells Protective Chainsaw Gloves item # 13030. I have tried these and recommend them. Good luck.

For chainsaw anti-vibe and pulling skidder cable out I found these are the tops.

http://www.shubee.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1052

They protect better than any of the cheap or expensive leather gloves I have used. They are tight cuffed so saw chips don't get inside. They are the best AV gloves I have ever used regardless of price and they are reasonable cheap at $14 bucks.

I have never used anything that grips like these gloves.

My opinion,

Sam

Is there an unloseable glove? I have even thought about wearing idiot strings but that's something more to get hung up. I grab a pair of gloves out of the pickup, and they'll be for the same hand. Since I like to buy different colors, (it's a dark world out there in the winter) I'll be wearing mis-matched gloves.
Is this a fashion faux pas? :)

Had a guy at work......

who had Port and Starboard written on his gloves so he could learn which was left and right. Problem was he had them on the wrong side.

I have found that for winter/cold weather activities the Duluth Trading Company gloves hold up very well and are not very expensive.

They are soft and comfy but for manly work they wear out fast. Buck up and buy a tougher leather glove.

Like Gary, I use the Wells Lamont. The only "Manly" job (defined as a job that women are too smart to do) that I do that really rips them up is stone wall building-takes the fingers right out in a matter of a few good hours, but stone tears up just about anything. For wood handling and splitting they last a long time, at least for me. The last pair I used for several months and only switched to a new pair because I carelessly dropped one glove off the tractor and before I realized it, ran over it with the Brush Bull.

www.geierglove.com

the best USA made gloves are geier elkskin.my favorite for cutting is the 420 ldn
they are made in centralia washington.you can buy 2nd's discounted at the factory if you live around there.
www.geierglove.com
sean

Latest posts

Back