Go Around With 2 Mac 125's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was feeling a bit retro yesterday and decided to run my 2 125's in a bunch of large 30"+ Oaks that my friend had down on his farm. I cut them in fire log length slabs and quartered the biggest pieces. First, I gotta say, when running them side by side the SP-125 has a bit more gitty up than the CP-125 even with the SP running a 42" and the CP a 36". Second, after running the 2 saws about 4-1/2hours almost non-stop I had a real hoot of a time. Those 2 bad boys can really throw some chips! The racket they make is definitely unique to the big Mac's and certainly require good hearing protection. However, they did take their toll on the operator! All day I've felt like I went 12 rounds with a heavy weight. Even my morning coffee felt heavy and was an effort to lift. I'm just getting up enough energy to type this. Ahhh, a renewed respect for those who do this full time and especially to the ones of yore that ran the beasts of this vintage. I don't even want to think about the pre-chainsaw days! Perhaps it doesn't help that I'm decidedly older than the saws them selves. What ever the case, my pillow is calling early tonight. Now, I just have to gather enough energy to make it out of this chair.............

Funny you say that. My wife wanted me to paint the kitchen and family room. I thought helping cut wood was far more important. I think I might be looking into plans for expanding the dog house. Especially when my productivity was nil today.

Funny you say that. My wife wanted me to paint the kitchen and family room. I thought helping cut wood was far more important. I think I might be looking into plans for expanding the dog house. Especially when my productivity was nil today.

painted the garage and exercise room saturday and sunday. took my son (4YO)to the woods yesterday to cut some wood with my brother. it sure beat going to wally world with the wife. not that i mind her, so much as i hate all of the trailer-trash that crawls out of the swamp around here on the weekends and holidays.

not that i mind her, so much as i hate all of the trailer-trash that crawls out of the swamp around here on the weekends and holidays.

My sentiments exactly on Wal-Mart. If I have to go to Wal-Mart, I try to do it early in the morning (5am or 6am). Those kinds generally don't seem to wake up before noon and I'm less likely to run into them. In reality I try to avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible.

My sentiments exactly on Wal-Mart. If I have to go to Wal-Mart, I try to do it early in the morning (5am or 6am). Those kinds generally don't seem to wake up before noon and I'm less likely to run into them. In reality I try to avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible.

I don't like them swamp crawling trailer-trash people either, but I realize they need Wally World just like us regulars do to survive. I also try and shop before noon to avoid them......:rock: :rock:

funny thing is, i worked my tail off, have a sore back, took a yellow jacket sting to the face, was drenched with sweat all day long, and i still enjoyed that more than a trip to WM.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................She sounded pretty mad.............You loosing points bro..............You'll be living in the dog house soon....:) :)

I don't like them swamp crawling trailer-trash people either, but I realize they need Wally World just like us regulars do to survive. I also try and shop before noon to avoid them......:rock: :rock:

hey, nothing against WM. i love to go there early in the AM. it is especially nice to go about 4am on the way to the deer woods.
what drives me crazy are the fat-azz's that ride around in the electric carts, park in the handi-cap spots and throw their lit cigarette butts down on the parking lot, like they have a personal butler running behind them to clean up their messes.
sorry to hijack the thread................i'm done.
speaking of big, old saws.............what about some of Sach-Dolmars? they look like they can be had cheaply.....how are they for reliability and parts?

BB577,

When you're tired of that SP125, I'll be happy to buy her off ya... I want a strong running SP125 in a bad way. :cheers:

...........what about some of Sach-Dolmars? they look like they can be had cheaply.....how are they for reliability and parts?[/QUOTE]
Do you know something that we don't about big old Dolmars?? You need to see Hoss ASAP!!! He will make it worth your while. Awhile back he was wanting one pretty bad.:clap:

i saw some on CL(???)...don't tell him.........he might snatch them out from under me!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. No one could come up with a stock 166 so instead, I used that money to get two 2100 homies at 114cc each (1 super 2100 and 1 2100 super) and a 797 mac at 123cc, so my big saw cravings are satisfied for a while.

Don't worry. No one could come up with a stock 166 so instead, I used that money to get two 2100 homies at 114cc each (1 super 2100 and 1 2100 super) and a 797 mac at 123cc, so my big saw cravings are satisfied for a while.

BS! You can never satiate the cravings. They just grow stronger over time.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back