"go back, go back, go back to where you once belonged"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very hard on the eyes and
i got to tell you people arent going to stay on for long anyone agree?

I agree, my eyes start hurting real quick. Also I am wearing out the mouse scrolling the screen back and forth to read a post.

I belong to a number of sites that Use vBulletin as the core Engine. what they get from vBulletin is a generic template for all users. it then has to be tweaked/recoded by the individual Admins of the User sites. It takes awhile to get things adjusted tweaked.

Usually the upgrades are needed for security reasons/service upgrades. (yes I am a Computer geek)

So I think we need to give the Site Admins some time to get things adjusted before we loose our collective minds.

4655781847_952607f8aa_o.jpg

One time at band camp.

Sorry to say but the new look is terrible.I dont understand why it needed changing..I will definetely be spending less time here....I almost thought I was at the wrong site....horrible layout and overall look,and very hard on the eyes....If it isnt broke....dont fix it!

I detest this theme.

agreed ,definitely a step backwards :cry: way harder to read and navigate
theres no bold dark background for anything to pop out and see,who is the superstar who came up with this idea ?

I don't post often but I like to read the the different threads on this site but after about 10 minutes my eyes are burning it's too bright.

Hard on my eyes and annoying

This new format is hard on my eyes and annoying. I am debating deleting this site completely from my favorites. It used to be very enjoyable and I was here at least once a day. But now it goes at the bottom of my list and I will rarely check in only when I am bored. Thanks to all that made it the great site it used to be. Shame on the ones that have ruined it.

The format changes they're doing on the fly now are making it more tolerable, but the colors still need working on.

Ian

The format changes they're doing on the fly now are making it more tolerable, but the colors still need working on.Ian

How's your new man toy H²....you are making us drool with envy ! :clap:

Now for developing software design for websites. This is not the way it is done; it is backasswards. First comes a plan WITH details on what the audience needs and wants to make the business ( this is a business ) run well.
THEN, after the initial design, a focus group or beta testers, run through the prelims.
THEN, the engineers and developers and owners again use a focus/beta group to try to find problems and literally try to "crash" it.
THEN: launch.

This is---READY, FIRE, AIM.

Test. Trial. That's the way everything from Kubotas, OS's, to flippy caps, to your Wii games :dizzy: are done---it's THE model.

Rule: never surprise your customers (us).
Rule: Ask.
Rule: test.
Rule: Test again.
Rule: know who your target audience (us) is.

Developing or designing software or sites is $$$$. The opposition to this design is enormous....not just a bunch of Neanderthal Luddites.:clap: (You would be shocked--shocked--at the large number of techies, engineers, professionals, grad degrees, mil vets here.)

P.S. and e.g. Where's my spellcheck ??????????????

Where's my spellcheck ??????????????

All that costs money... beta testers etc... we just type out our grievances and B and moan and they make it better. I'd wager that less that 1% of us actually leave the site for any extended period.

And your spell checker is built into Firefox. Not using Firefox? You MUST be harboring a bug in your code somewhere :)

Re the new toy. It's getting the accessories I swore it wouldn't till it got paid down some. :help:

Ian

Last edited:
I am really NOT liking this new format. At all. Not one BIT.

Could someone point out the inprovements, because I can't see any. Look rather amaturish if you ask me.

I wonder how the sponsors are taking this. Me, I would withdraw sponsorship. Looks bad compared to before.

All that costs money... beta testers etc... we just type out our grievances and B and moan and they make it better. I'd wager that less that 1% of us actually leave the site for any extended period.
And your spell checker is built into Firefox. Not using Firefox? You MUST be harboring a bug in your code somewhere :)
Re the new toy. It's getting the accessories I swore it wouldn't till it got paid down some. :help:Ian

You must be one of those "rich" to afford such a gold plater. :jawdrop:

RE: beta testing costs money. No. Many here, if they had been asked (if they had been asked) would have gladly been part of testing. All this for free USING your primary customers' eyeballs. All this before launching.
How much effort and time is it taking the owners to respond and perhaps correct errors of omission and commission ?

RE: spellchecker. Yes, 'my' Firefox has SC. Some browsers have it, some don't. BUTT, I want spellchecker in the post. Get it back.

BTW: Thanks to the Johnsons for a great site !!! :clap:

This will be my last visit/post to this site until it is changed. Just scrolling through the last few posts and my eyes hurt.

Why "fix" something that is not broken.

P.S. - If I were paying for ad space on this site i would be peeved.

Last edited:
there's little tweaks you can do to help make it more viewable.

in IE8 change the "zoom" size to 125%.

use your graphics card to darken the colors if they're too bright.

i'm kinda used to it now and like it.

Terrible look to this website. People stay away from things they find annoying and unfortunitaly this websites look has fallen into the annoying catagory.

Latest posts

Back