Going Batty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
There really is a first time for everything. Wednesday one of 4 trees on the job was a co-dom maple, first stem fell to the lay, 2nd I climbed limbing on the way up. About 30' up was a 4 inch limb with a longitudinal stress crack, buzzed it off with the 020 like the rest and watched it hit the ground. Cut the top out and came back down to chip, A few seconds after the cracked limb went through, a very dizzy, very confused bat came weaving out of the infeed chute and teetered off towards the woods. Definitely a first for me.

attachment.php

StihlRockin'
icon10.gif

I dont think the bat made it through the chipper. Jumped out of the limb before it went through.

Been There!!!

Last summer while hanging on an Oak about 25' up, I was in the process of putting the back cut in to drop the top half of the tree when outta the blue an angry bat came storming out of the tree straight at my head! He stopped about 4" from my face and spread his wings out and seemed to hang there just long enough for me empty every ounce of crap outta my body into my shorts!!!!!!

He then just disappeared as quickly as he came.

Good thing I didn't take a swing at him with the saw....I would have given myself a nose job!!!!

last summer while hanging on an oak about 25' up, i was in the process of putting the back cut in to drop the top half of the tree when outta the blue an angry bat came storming out of the tree straight at my head! He stopped about 4" from my face and spread his wings out and seemed to hang there just long enough for me empty every ounce of crap outta my body into my shorts!!!!!!

He then just disappeared as quickly as he came.

good thing i didn't take a swing at him with the saw....i would have given myself a nose job!!!!

lol!

There really is a first time for everything. Wednesday one of 4 trees on the job was a co-dom maple, first stem fell to the lay, 2nd I climbed limbing on the way up. About 30' up was a 4 inch limb with a longitudinal stress crack, buzzed it off with the 020 like the rest and watched it hit the ground. Cut the top out and came back down to chip, A few seconds after the cracked limb went through, a very dizzy, very confused bat came weaving out of the infeed chute and teetered off towards the woods. Definitely a first for me.

Hey Dave that funny. About 12yrs ago i was climbing a dead chestnut oak, back when i climbed dead trees, about 40ft. up i ripped off a peice of bark, and to my suprize their were about a dozen bats. brother i was swinging my handsaw like a mad man. Was'nt funny to me at the time, but everyone on the ground laughed like hell. It's funny to me now though.:dizzy:

Back