Going to make an offer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it and have used it with his permission. The bar is like new as well as the saw. He didn't know he had it. I can use any of his Kubotas, along with his other equipment too. This winter he let me use his pick up because I usually ride a motorcycle. His wife is divorcing him because he is in the beginning of alzheimers and she got tired of answering the same questions twice. She tried to get $500k out of him or she said she would take the house.
Yes, I will ask him.
High maintenance gold digger biatch, even at 80. Take that 361 and run it like you stole it! Lol

Wow, upper case letters and exclamation points, you must be serious.

In all fairness Ironworker, and I'm sure I give you the benefit of the doubt, never meeting you, and others the same, certainly banking that you would never do such...if even being 'silly, funny' about your original post that started this...think first about what you type. No one on this thread probably knows you personally, and you the same with other posters...everyone's character is judged by nothing other than what is typed on this thing. My opinion...there are mostly great, down to earth, have to sweat to pay the bills, folks here. Would invite you into their home on a cold night looking for heat, and I hope you're a man of character who would return the same. I don't think anyone here is trying to put your scrotum in a vise, I hope it was just a simple 'bad word choice' post. I'm sure you'll let us know. Your response(s) will dictate what others think, no doubt. I'm not no post authority by no means...but I got common sense to watch my 'typing' language as others do as well...just sayin.

days-of-our-lives-700x352.jpg

I have it and have used it with his permission. The bar is like new as well as the saw. He didn't know he had it. I can use any of his Kubotas, along with his other equipment too. This winter he let me use his pick up because I usually ride a motorcycle. His wife is divorcing him because he is in the beginning of alzheimers and she got tired of answering the same questions twice. She tried to get $500k out of him or she said she would take the house.
Yes, I will ask him.

Don't sound like much of a 'wife' to me...my daddy died a long battle with Alzheimer's...my mother and us 11 children, me being the youngest all dealt with it. My dad was a WWII fighter pilot, a retired IBM engineer, and we all 'fought' right beside his wife, our mother...till the end. If this woman was my 'wife' and wanted to pull chocks and haul ass... I'd muster up enough energy to tell her something that even a damn dog can understand...NOW GET!!

I've been known to be a mouthy douche nozzle a time or two. It's all good.
John
sorry John , you are not real believable , you are gonna have to work on it .

High maintenance gold digger biatch, even at 80. Take that 361 and run it like you stole it! Lol
now that's more like it ..:laughing::rock:

I agree, his post (#3) was a joke. But his disrespect for peace officers (they are not "pigs"), and everyone else for that matter, makes him nothing more than a lowlife punk. If anyone has doubts about what I just said, pull up his posts and in short order you will see what I'm talking about. He brings absolutely NOTHING to this site except street thug behavior.
So it's ok for the cop to say something but I'm not allowed to retort, mmmmm, think about that for a minute, I know you're slow but take your time and think about it. And stop stalking me loser.

In all fairness Ironworker, and I'm sure I give you the benefit of the doubt, never meeting you, and others the same, certainly banking that you would never do such...if even being 'silly, funny' about your original post that started this...think first about what you type. No one on this thread probably knows you personally, and you the same with other posters...everyone's character is judged by nothing other than what is typed on this thing. My opinion...there are mostly great, down to earth, have to sweat to pay the bills, folks here. Would invite you into their home on a cold night looking for heat, and I hope you're a man of character who would return the same. I don't think anyone here is trying to put your scrotum in a vise, I hope it was just a simple 'bad word choice' post. I'm sure you'll let us know. Your response(s) will dictate what others think, no doubt. I'm not no post authority by no means...but I got common sense to watch my 'typing' language as others do as well...just sayin.
Anybody with a half a brain would have seen it as nothing more than a joke, but there are people that look for negative stuff to complain about, it's what they do.
Why would I encourage someone I don't know to steal. The advice of watching what you type should go to the uptight members who are looking to pounce on someone first chance they get.

One thing I have learned is thieves steal, that is just what they do. A person who will steal a small thing will steal anything. Their only moral compass being the cost/ benefit of getting caught and the repercussions of said behavior. Ethical behavior too is just exactly that, ethical.

Getting back to the old guy and his saw. Assuming the guy is "with it", and you do a lot of work for him, whatever you both feel is fair is appropriate.

If the guy doesn't have all his facilities, an offer of next to nothing falls into the category outlined in the first sentence.

Surprisingly enough, the old adage taught in Kindergarten, "Treat other as you would have them treat you" isn't a real bad one.

Anyone who would compromise their principles over small things like a chainsaw, can't be trusted in any endeavor.

One thing I have learned is thieves steal, that is just what they do. A person who will steal a small thing will steal anything. Their only moral compass being the cost/ benefit of getting caught and the repercussions of said behavior. Ethical behavior too is just exactly that, ethical.

Getting back to the old guy and his saw. Assuming the guy is "with it", and you do a lot of work for him, whatever you both feel is fair is appropriate.

If the guy doesn't have all his facilities, an offer of next to nothing falls into the category outlined in the first sentence.

Surprisingly enough, the old adage taught in Kindergarten, "Treat other as you would have them treat you" isn't a real bad one.

Anyone who would compromise their principles over small things like a chainsaw, can't be trusted in any endeavor.
Thanks for the lesson, you must be a real pillar of morality in your community.:clap:

If you could put a price on all the help you've been giving him, it would be worth a lot. He may want to give it to you if you tell him you,re interested in it. However, if he does, you could still say that it would maybe be worth a couple hundred dollars or so, after you check it over good. Just to communicate that you are willing to pay for it. Be honest with the guy. You don't seem to be a gold digger, so make sure you don't come across as one. If your intentions are honorable and you deal with it honestly, there is nothing to worry about. Just accept the outcome, whatever it may be.

Back