Going to plant some trees... Suggestions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmanriver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I live in NW Oklahoma and I'm planning on planting some shade trees in my yard here in the next couple weeks. I would like to choose some trees that when mature they will provide good shade, but I would also like them to have strong limbs and grow reasonably fast as well. Can I have the best of both worlds without sacrificing great shade, good strength and mature within a reasonable amount of time?

Anybody got any suggestions. Thanks Zane

Zane, I would go with Oak trees, they're great for shade, erosion control, and they'll really tolerate a wide array of lighting conditions. So if shade is what your looking for in the long run, shade is what you'll get my friend...Happy Planting!

-Tony

Zane, I would go with Oak trees, they're great for shade, erosion control, and they'll really tolerate a wide array of lighting conditions. So if shade is what your looking for in the long run, shade is what you'll get my friend...Happy Planting!

-Tony

Funny you suggest oak trees. I just pick some up (8) yesterday and will be planting them this coming weekend. Thanks for your reply and have a great weekend.

~Zane

Latest posts

Back