Golf piston for Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know from your own experience ?
What do you mean by that? it will not work or it will not last as long as other brands ?
What brand do you recommend?

They can be fine. Just don't use the clips that come with them. I have one running in a ported 395 making 200psi and it hasn't blown up yet.

ive seen them lose clips from improper machining of the clip seats,if seen the ring landings break after very little use. i have had this stuff happen to me and seen plenty of others that have had simmilar problems. i would go with the meteor piston and caber rings

ive seen them lose clips from improper machining of the clip seats,if seen the ring landings break after very little use. i have had this stuff happen to me and seen plenty of others that have had simmilar problems. i would go with the meteor piston and caber rings

Meteor is much better for sure.

Golf was the only option I had, so that's why I used it.

I ran a golf piston in a 820 Jonsered all last year. Tore it down this winter to build the saw into a 920...(gained 7cc's) and the piston looked like new. So my experience has been good with that one so far. I used that saw for ripping quite a bit..that's similar to milling as you are in the cut for several minutes.

O.k I think I'll go with golf (can't get meteor in a reasonable price...).
Thank for the help.
What do you think about honing?
The cylinder have some scratches on the exhaust side , do I hone all of it or just use sand paper on the scratches?
The guy in the shop told me that if the cylinder is not smooth I have to replace it even if it is slightly scored.

O.k I think I'll go with golf (can't get meteor in a reasonable price...).
Thank for the help.
What do you think about honing?
The cylinder have some scratches on the exhaust side , do I hone all of it or just use sand paper on the scratches?
The guy in the shop told me that if the cylinder is not smooth I have to replace it even if it is slightly scored.

You can order them from Baileys, around $40-45. For the price difference, its a no brainier to me to use a Meteor.

You can order them from Baileys, around $40-45. For the price difference, its a no brainier to me to use a Meteor.

Maybe. Certainly a good option. IF the Golf works and has a service life matching the requirement of the particular application....I have Meteor, Forester, Episan, Golf, and OEM pistons sitting on my bench right now. Mainly because I was curious. I do have to admit I had to chamfer the Golf's skirts to clear the crank halves. They are a thick casting. I do like both Meteor's and Episan..except the wrist pin clips are thick and don't have enough tension. I can't say any thing bad about the service life of that Golf...it worked very well for a year so what specific reason can I give to say another option is better?

Maybe. Certainly a good option. IF the Golf works and has a service life matching the requirement of the particular application....I have Meteor, Forester, Episan, Golf, and OEM pistons sitting on my bench right now. Mainly because I was curious. I do have to admit I had to chamfer the Golf's skirts to clear the crank halves. They are a thick casting. I do like both Meteor's and Episan..except the wrist pin clips are thick and don't have enough tension. I can't say any thing bad about the service life of that Golf...it worked very well for a year so what specific reason can I give to say another option is better?

True, but there is no denying the fact that Meteor is much better quality. They come with better rings, and better pin clips. When I can get a meteor over a Golf, I always will, just my preference.

I have seen OEM slugs and jugs going for decent prices on evil-bay. Seems everyone wants to throw those big bore kits on their 365. Just another option, I'd take OEM any day.

Latest posts

Back