good deal? 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarkBuster20

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
alright i got to talking to a friend of my uncles and soon discoverd he had a collection of saws mostly parts saws. but anyway he tells me hes got an 044 thats not running missing the handle and no bar and chain. but its complete other than handlebar and bar and chain (i havent seen it yet) but from what i gather its all there minus handlebar, is this a good deal at 50$? how mch would a replacement full wrap handlebar cost?

Terrible deal, will take a lot of work you don't have time for, but I'm retired and could work it into my schedule. I'll even pay shipping! Send 'er on!

ive got the parts the time and want ill give you 100 sight unseen. even if the top end is toasted its worth 50 bucks.

hm well i didnt get the 044 for 50 bucks, i ended up getting a 044 with a 30 inch b&c runs great for 200. and i also got a buddy of mine a 395xp for 30$

guess i should explain better the 044 parts saw turned out to be an old 045 av im pretty sure the decal was missing but it wasnt an 044 but the 044 i got im happy with starts within 3-4 pulls great compression.

its either a 45av or a 56 i belive missing the handlebar kinda in parts but yes i would imagine he would sell it to anyone for 50$

oh by the way i bought a new stihl .063 3/8 semi skip chain for my saw since thats whats currently mounted on it...i went in to the local husky shop to get my bar checked out and buy a rim sprocket since i like them better than stihl ones for some reason :monkey: anyway the guy kinda looked offended that i had the 44 in there...im assuming because it was making all the red saws look even worse but anyway he said that bar was fine even though i told him i thought it was wore out after inspecting it he sort of acted like i was dumb or somethin. so anyway i go back to my stihl dealership and buy me the chain. go back home take off old chain and rim replace and attempt to mount the new chain on bar and the tip mounted fine but the bar wouldnt accept the chain it was to narrow. so its pretty burned up im assuming.

Back