Good Deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy, Where is the love? Got a big tree handy, it won't take much arm twisting to get me to bring the new saw down and you can play with it.

Hack, at 525.00, you would have had it. I think my max was 505.00. I have been watching this saw before this post was started. I though about asking if anyone was going to bid on it. If someone was planning on out bidding me, I would not have bid and run the price up. But I was afraid that others might have used the info to beat all of us out.

I am watching the 7300 that is ending in a few days. I think that I will not bid on it and wait for a home depot 6401. However if it goes for around 300.00 it will be hard to pass up. I have had a couple of pretty good weeks and can afford to add to my collection, but I need to stop. Chainsaws are like crack, except that at the end of the day, I still have a chainsaw with a little extra dust!

Gotta finish some work and get to bed.

Jim

Anybody watching this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sachs-Dolmar-16...1QQihZ004QQcategoryZ79669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats a big saw, tempting, but I already have enough big saws, although not that big.

Andy, whats a few bucks between friends? I might have to take exception to your remark about a good home. I buy good equipment, but use it hard, It will have a decent home. No sir there are a lot people that take better care of their equipment. Hope you are not to disappointed in my admission.:cheers:

I may have to go to OK tomorrow, I wonder if I can find a 6401 at HD on the way? May not have time.

jim

T'aint nuthun but a thing Jim. I did see that big Dolmar last night, a little too big for what I need, and probably a bear to get parts for.
Wishing I'd have run that 9010 up more yesterday.......... just came from the dealer, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prices went up!!!!!!!! He offerd me a good deal on a 460 that had been sitting about a month ago, kicking myself now!!!!! He orderd a new one yesterday, price is $840 with a 28"!!!! But only $1019 for the 660 with a 32", maybe I'd better buy them both? NOT!!!!
Enjoy youre saw Jim:cheers:
Andy

Sometimes people on ebay are crazy. I guess it is worth it to some to save 100.00. I would think that the dealer support and warranty would be worth that, especially since the seller did not appear to be the original owner. When I first started looking as saws on ebay I was supprised. The near new Stihls sure seem to command top dollar. NIB for around half price, now thats a deal I like.

I keep trying to pick up a 046 or 066 parts saw to rebuild and play with. I am amazed at how hight they keep going. By the time you buy the known needed parts, new piston + cylinder, the price is so high that you only get a good deal if it does not need anything else. If the also end up needing a crank, seems to me that you might as well start out with a new one.

Jim

$911 with shipping, thats nuts!!!!!!! $110-120 more and you have a new one. Spending that much may as well have a new one!!!!!
People are nuts, nuts I tell ya!!!!
Were are the new ones for half price? Never found one of them yet Jim!
Andy

hmmm, I might have to list my newer 066. Looks just like that one, same condition and a 32" STIHL BAR! lol.

-Steve

Freakingstang said:
hmmm, I might have to list my newer 066. Looks just like that one, same condition and a 32" STIHL BAR! lol.

-Steve

I thought you were supposed to be sending PM's:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Andy

I have noticed that 372XPs have been going pretty cheap on eBay lately. Lots of wrap handles, XP and XPG models, for around $275-$350 with 24"-32" bars, and the saws look to be in good condition. Seems like a good price, about 1/2 of new.

Latest posts

Back