Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, you guys are freaking incredible! This is really some response. So much of a response that I think I should change the parameters a little bit. There seems to be the potential for a lot more than 200 tickets being sold. And as one member mentioned, the chopper ride alone is insanely expensive. I talked this over with a couple of members. Ultras' input is always valued. Cuttinscott graciously offered to help me with a paypal deal, which is something that I've never used, and haven't a clue as to how it works. I think that to keep it simple I'd like to stick with the checks and money orders for now. Keeping track of who paid how much for how many tickets would be nuts if we started running paypal from Scott, through me, to the family.

Primarily I'll make two changes. Although most of you guys have offered to leave your check in the pot, I think that everyone should still have a chance to win something. So, first I'll eliminate the 200 ticket minimum. But since that changes the odds, we might as well give away another saw. So, there will be a second prize of either a 346NE or 2153. Again, winners choice of which brand.

The original limit of 200 was in part to make the odds of winning more attractive and the tickets therefore easier to sell. I realize that me changing the deal like this may not sit well with someone who feels that he has less of a chance of winning. If anyone who has already mailed a check would like to change his mind because of this, just send me a PM, and I'll return your check. I do feel a little uneasy changing the rules after we started, so I'll completely understand and I won't mention it to anyone.

So, instead of counting tickets, we'll just see how many we can sell from now until Sept. 30. The drawings will still be at the GTG in October. Also, we are donating the saws, so every dollar is going to the family.

Thanks again guys!

Spike -

Whatever you decide is just fine with me. You are doing a good deed, a very good deed - and you should only feel warmth in your heart for your generosity & efforts.

I certainly hope that it works out that way.

Spike i think (at least for me) for most AS members it is not about winning something it is about helping people out! Every one of us at some point have been down a similar road, and have sat at home wondering how we are going to get threw this. If the money we send was to just go to help this guy and his family out and relieve some of the burdens that is enough. I think it speaks highley of the type of people on this site, and it speaks highley of you! Thank you for the oppurtunity to help out!

Yet another PRIZE

We "The Cutting Edge" Will be adding another prize to the benefit. A All new Dolmar PS420 Chain Saw so keep the donations coming.......... We are working out the logistics of accepting PayPal I would like to keep the $10. prize whole but PP adds fees they charge 2.9% and $.30 per transaction. Steve will post about sending Paypal's

Scott

Last edited:
So true...

Spike i think (at least for me) for most AS members it is not about winning something it is about helping people out! Every one of us at some point have been down a similar road, and have sat at home wondering how we are going to get threw this. If the money we send was to just go to help this guy and his family out and relieve some of the burdens that is enough. I think it speaks highley of the type of people on this site, and it speaks highley of you! Thank you for the oppurtunity to help out!

I really could care less if I won or not...Just think it's great of you doin this Spike...I tell ya to be burned,,is about the worst pain you can ever have...Not only that but the scars too...Seeing all the imput for everyone,,yes,,I'm so damn proud I joined this sight!!!!We might fight about what saw is good and all,,but this is great...I guess it all boils down to is what we all enjoy and care about one another.... :)

We "The Cutting Edge" Will be adding another prize to the benefit. A All new Dolmar PS420 Chain Saw so keep the donations coming.......... We are working out the logistics of accepting PayPal I would like to keep the $10. prize whole but PP adds fees they charge 2.9% and $.30 per transaction. Steve will post about sending Paypal's

Scott

OMG wallet opens again.....:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

To pay with paypal login to your paypal account and click on Send Money. Use
attachment.php
for an email address and enter the total donation in the box.

attachment.php

The paypal fees are $.29 per $10 plus a $.30 transaction fee.

If you donate $10 for one ticket you're donation will be $10.59

If you donate $50 for five tickets you're donation would be $51.75

As soon as this deal ends we will write a check for the total and send it down.

Sent Paypal Steve..Thanks....

Me with a Dolmar saw,,,*Cutting my wrist*...LOL!! Seriously though,,that is damn decent of you all,,and I really do like the looks of the Dolmars,,but here in Ky. they are pretty new to us,,,the dealer here in Richmond is a good person,and we just dont know alot about em...Thanks for doin that...Maybe my next saw is a Dolmar,,,been lookin at the ps 7900,,,I;m a Stihl head,,but they look pretty good...

This belgian member would like to support too, regardless of the ticket number . Is there any way I can paypal a ticket ? Check is impossible for me though.

Hope he recovers well, and fast. Never realized the amount of danger involved in that little trick.

OK belgian-----Steve and Scott to the rescue on paypal

Are you ear marking tickets as they are spoken for in this thread or waiting to recieve the check or pay pal. If not, then those of us sending checks don't stand much of a chance in getting in on the raffle....

NEVER MIND..I got caught up on my reading

This is a good thing your doing...Good on Ya

Last edited:
I've had times $10 would've made a difference. The small differences count too, I'm in.

They are going quick so if mine doesn't make the cut for the saw it will still find a need.

Aaron Griesel

he is the concern, the saws are just a bonus.
Get well soon, Thank God your still hear with us.

Last edited:
Finally got to use paypal

I've had paypal for a year or so and never used it. I'm in for 5 tickets if I did it right. It would be nice to win a saw but the Karma is worth lots more than a saw.

They've come a long way with burn treatments. I had several soldiers burned pretty bad by an IED in Iraq. One of them you can't even tell and the other one looks better than he did before :)

Good luck to you timberwolf (and family) and although 50 bucks don't go very far, I hope the support and prayers you are getting from here will help carry you a long ways.

Now...Get better and go cut something :cheers:

I've already received a quite a few payments from members!!

Only other thing I ask is to put your AS member name in the note section on the paypal payment.

Latest posts

Back