Good or bad idea? Saw sharpening or stump grinding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76FB2A53-8097-4EC3-99D6-C0D9E0B5796C.jpeg 29B5B056-1803-4AB4-A8B3-7F7CE514318E.jpeg
From doing a message search, he was looking for a Silvey?
Yeah a lot of folks are asking if I do the square back square ground, I don’t as of now but herd Silvey make a good square ground grinder
I usually do less than 15 minutes in a similar, water based, degreaser, followed by a little toothbrush action, and a rinse. Followed by an oven dry to prevent any rusting.

Relube after sharpening.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/philbert-meets-the-stihl-rs3.202969/

Philbert
yeah I tried almost everything you could think of and it did take awhile, but I finally got the chains to look how I wanted them to (CLEAN) lol and I stuck with that method. I’m sure your method works great too.

I think that clean is important, especially with other people's chains. Can't inspect for rust or damage when covered with gunk. Don't want that in my grinder either!

Good luck with your business.

Philbert

I think that clean is important, especially with other people's chains. Can't inspect for rust or damage when covered with gunk. Don't want that in my grinder either!

Good luck with your business.

Philbert
Your 100% correct, no dirty chains ever go on our machines. Cost to much money and it just sharpens smoother.

Latest posts

Back