Good pair of gloves needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong area , mods please redirect it. Any one else use gloves while sawing....lm looking for good leather gloves that last a while .. ..last few I've bought have been harbor freight leather gloves....don't last , they come apart, velcro doesn't stay attached around the wrist. Any suggestions? Thanks

I prefer pig skin, much tuffer than cow hide. Only a buk more per pair.
I have found a use for the left hand glove after the right has worn out.
I use it to hold the bar and chain when sharpening, saves on lot of skin.

Ironclad ranchworx are one of the better gloves I've worn, but they are expensive.

Kinco 1927KW when it's cold and 1024 Blue Ox when it's warm. Orsheln had the Wells Lamont version of the Kinco for $6 on black Friday.
Wells Lamont Men's Pig Leather Gloves Mfr # 5127-L I hope they are as warm as the Kinco.

Does it have to be leather? Tell ya, atlas thermal fits are hard to beat, outlast any leather gloves I have bought, much cheaper and warmer, great grip even when wet. I do all outside various farm work for a living, tell ya, best work gloves I have ever tried.

Does it have to be leather? Tell ya, atlas thermal fits are hard to beat, outlast any leather gloves I have bought, much cheaper and warmer, great grip even when wet. I do all outside various farm work for a living, tell ya, best work gloves I have ever tried.
Truth. I wear those too.

what are you using the gloves for the longest lasting gloves ive found to work in is elk skin i wear them at work i weld and use torch and plasma cutter i buy the tillman 750 they are soft but if heat shrink from something hot they can be massaged back in place

http://geierglove.com/elkskin.html

445 elkskin are great general purpose. I get a year out of a pair throwing firewood, grain farming, changing truck tires, etc. 448 is extremely heavy duty, built barb wire line fence along two sides of a 40 this summer and they are barely broke in.

They fit like no other work glove and it's good to see good American quality yet.

i am with marc and say the elk skin is best might be a few more dollars but worth it in the long run

Man y'all must be rich...best gloves I found were the orange rubber lined cotton gloves for sale at Home Cheapo. $5 for a pair of 5 of em and usually on sale for same. They're good to about 40* after that or when real wet I put the rubber gloves on over top of the cotton ones. I get about 4 cords of hand tossing in the truck per pair. I've gone through every other glove available and the cheapest were the bestest.

http://geierglove.com/elkskin.html

445 elkskin are great general purpose. I get a year out of a pair throwing firewood, grain farming, changing truck tires, etc. 448 is extremely heavy duty, built barb wire line fence along two sides of a 40 this summer and they are barely broke in.

They fit like no other work glove and it's good to see good American quality yet.
What's the price on these 448 gloves? No retailer around me.

That's what I use too. The blue ones in the summer, gray ones in the winter. We get them by the dozen for around $30, or the local stores carry them too for $4-5 a pair. A dozen of each easily lasts me a year and that's with giving a few pairs out and loosing a few too.

Latest posts

Back