Good saws at a good price on craigslist don't last long.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Yesterday at about 5:00pm here in MPLS. was an MS440 that looked pretty good for $375, it was gone this morning.
Today at about 3:30 pm there is an ms362 you can plainly see the Stihl word on the bar yet, this one is only $250, I'm thinking it won't make it to 8:00 oclock.

John

Yesterday at about 5:00pm here in MPLS. was an MS440 that looked pretty good for $375, it was gone this morning.
Today at about 3:30 pm there is an ms362 you can plainly see the Stihl word on the bar yet, this one is only $250, I'm thinking it won't make it to 8:00 oclock.

John

I fail to see why YOU aren't the new owner of a 440 and a 362? LOL, I probably would be ifn I was in that area.

I was eyeballin' that 440 too, thought that was a good deal, but already have one. I think there is a fair amount of saw guys around the twin cities area.

There's been a few pro saws for an ok price, I've yet to see any great deals like that 440...maybe I should check more often.

There is a decent condition 288lite on craigs in my state right now @ a smokin' $375. If ya find the right deal, ya better hurry and I mean now! When I scored my 346 I was in a big rush to meet up. The guy kept askin if I was going to pay asking price, someone txt'd him and wanted it for $200.
Yesterday I was eye'n up a minty 345 for $100 (while at work) and it was gone in about 2 hours.

I still remember a jonsered 2188, mint condition, brand new 24" total bar that was priced at $400, guy took it in trade and didn't need it. I replied about an hour after it was posted, and it was already sold...

I saw an ad on CL today for an 064 that looked pretty good, for $225. When I sent dude an email, the ad said "posted two hours ago". It was already sold.

Back in December a guy had a CHERRY 044 listed together with an ms180. He wanted $500 for the pair. I should've just told him I'd take them both, but I asked him to split out the 044. He agreed with a price of $300. I live 5 minutes from his house, and on my way he backed out. I guess someone either bought them both, or gave him a better offer on the 044. That one bugged me for about three days. I wanted that 044 some kinda bad......it was mint.

here is the crap that is around here,,, he says because the saw has so much torque that it broke the clutch cover
00r0r_9T8CiAhSopY_600x450.jpg
Echo chain saw, model # 650 Evl with a 20`` bar, also like new chain, 1or 2 cuttings on it. Motor is strong runs good, probably about like when new, that`s what happen to the side cover, strong torque got the best of it. Need different cover, or exceptional good parts saw, maybe repairable don`t know

I can't justify another 60cc, already have 360& 361 and a 357xp and as for the ms440 I have a Husky 372xp for a 70cc, don't ask about all the smaller saws.
This saw buying has got to stop.:yes:

John

So what I'm hearing is......

" I don't have a backup 70cc saw yet"

It's the same thing around here. Any good deals will be gone in minutes if the listing is correct. The only deals that linger are ones where the seller has misspelled something or just failed to put the word "chainsaw" in the listing.

You can have Craigslist send an email every time somebody posts a chainsaw and obviously several people in my area do this.

Latest posts

Back