Good source for rope - occasional use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmbz

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
One Tree that is quite large and has already dropped some large branches is leaning the wrong way. Nothing in the path but a Maple I want to keep.

So I will need to rope it. Any suggestions for Rope and throw line for my occasional home owner use?

I have a decent come-along and a tractor (on TBN too).

Thank you for any advice-don't want to spend too much, but want to be safe

Samson Stable Braid 1/2" has been my pulling & rigging rope for years, and I'm a professional. Good stuff. Unless you're pulling enormous trees--which the average homeowner is not--it will serve you well.

If you have an ancient tree with a four foot diameter that is leaning way over your house, you might need a more robust line. But if you're a homeowner with limited experience you shouldn't tackle such a thing anyway.

Samson Stable Braid 1/2" has been my pulling & rigging rope for years, and I'm a professional. Good stuff. Unless you're pulling enormous trees--which the average homeowner is not--it will serve you well.

If you have an ancient tree with a four foot diameter that is leaning way over your house, you might need a more robust line. But if you're a homeowner with limited experience you shouldn't tackle such a thing anyway.
This one is about 60' high, since the top fell off in a storm and the other branches are leaning forward towards a maple that i don;t want to damage. Should be able to throw a line up to where the crotch is, so more than half way up. about 24" or so diameter 2' above the ground, so not anywhere near the biggest I have taken down. I had someone with more (a lot more) experience tell me what to do. Which of course helps.
I know not to try the bigger poplars with 4-5 foot diameter and I don;t do anything near the house. I have a guy with a crew and cherry picker I pay for that.
I just want to make sure I don;t get wacked by a falling branch on the trails and while clearing.

Latest posts

Back