Goodness in the world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwiley

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thought I would share a bit of goodness with you guys. In my other thread I recounted the straight-gassing of 2 of my saws which sent me on a mission to get a compression guage. A few visits to auto parts stores were not fruitful so I went to a local repair shop. I asked the guy at the counter if I could buy a compression guage and he said that they didn't sell them but that I could borrow his.

:jawdrop:

I explained that I live 136 miles from here, just come up to work once a week. He said it was no problem, just bring it back when I am done, didn't even want a deposit. Then he hands me this righteous hard case with the most impressive set of compression guage/fittings etc.

To top it all off, this shop doesn't even sell Husky saws (all Stihl) and he knew I was working on a pair of huskies!!!!

There is at least one nice persone left in this world.

Thought I would share a bit of goodness with you guys. In my other thread I recounted the straight-gassing of 2 of my saws which sent me on a mission to get a compression guage. A few visits to auto parts stores were not fruitful so I went to a local repair shop. I asked the guy at the counter if I could buy a compression guage and he said that they didn't sell them but that I could borrow his.

I explained that I live 136 miles from here, just come up to work once a week. He said it was no problem, just bring it back when I am done, didn't even want a deposit. Then he hands me this righteous hard case with the most impressive set of compression guage/fittings etc.

To top it all off, this shop doesn't even sell Husky saws (all Stihl) and he knew I was working on a pair of huskies!!!!

:clap:mighty nice of him.

There are still a few trusting souls left in the world.

Reminds me of the time my nephew helped me get a load of ruff cut from the local mill.The owner told me to settle up later because just knew I'd be back for more.

He knew the project I had started.

that's a good guy. never lose hope that there are still good people in the world . just when you think you you'll never meet another one you always will

Take him a cup of Joe or lunch or something when you take it back.
His kind is rare.........it'll put a smile on his face.

Does a world of good when you meet someone like that. We sure need more of the old school type.....

Thanks for posting that

I wonder if it is against forum rules to post the shop name here? I wouldn't mind knowing it.

Good guy for sure, you want to make sure you take of people like that, they deserve it.

Mr. HE:cool:

The helpful tech was at Sterling Mower Repair in Sterling Virginia. Just don't go there telling him that I said he would loan out his gauges for free :)

The helpful tech was at Sterling Mower Repair in Sterling Virginia. Just don't go there telling him that I said he would loan out his gauges for free :)

You entered the Ground Zero suburbs without permission from myself or Hoss?
Shame on you!

I'll say ordering direct from Save-Edge was a good experience...no c.cards, just sent an invoice.

Once a week at 136 miles?? You must walk to work.

or do you carry a lunch?

(Of course he thought you were trustworthy and capable, after the straitgassing bit..:))

Good post.

You entered the Ground Zero suburbs without permission from myself or Hoss?
Shame on you!

I'll say ordering direct from Save-Edge was a good experience...no c.cards, just sent an invoice.

Hehe. Relax, my "work" in Sterling involves keeping the .COM DNS resolution systems at VeriSign up and running, no trees are harmed during my day job.

I commute to Sterling Mon-Wed from Goochland (drive up Monday morning, stay in hotel, come home Wednesday). We live so far out in the sticks that I buy a lot of my stuff in Sterling or at Blue Ridge Arborists supply in Culpepper.

dude, score!

i would so not bring that tester back!!!

free tools rock!:chainsaw:

(no i wouldn't do that, not really)

if he is one of those hard-core orange-pissing stihl dealers he may not want it back after it touches a husqy? :)

The guy who does my car inspections is like that. I was having a "SES" light on my Z28, that was caused by varying ambient temperature (it does it when started cold and the outside temp has changed dramatically). I usually just unhook the battery for about ten minutes and it resets, but since the car is OBD II, it can be cleared with a handheld reader. He offered his to me and even said drive the car for a few days to see what codes might pop up. He did this twice, and said for me to never buy one, just get his whenever I needed it.

The only thing I did in return is call him before I took a car for inspection and asked him if he wanted something from Taco Bell (he loves Taco Bell). I got him three tacos and you would have thought I handed him a benjamin!

Good people like this are out there. Never, EVER, assume they are not. You would be surprised how many there are. The thing we need to ensure is that we do nothing to ever negate that trust. The people who permanently borrow tools really have a negative effect on the good samaritans.

Latest posts

Back