Got a beauty bargain today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwilogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
An MS460, 18 months old. NZ$50 (US$35)

It needs a new clutch assembly, brake band, the plastic starter pulley and the top rear mount is dodgy.

The pin that goes through the chain brake lever into the crankcase is missing and the hole in the crankcase where it sits is flogged out. I will just get a new pin machined to fit a slightly larger hole. No problem at all. The crank looks perfect.

All the other mounts are brand new, the muffler face is new, the clutch hub is new, and the fuel tank/handle assembly and the wrap around bar is about 3 months old. I ripped it in half when some twit attached it to the butt rigging of the hauler, and after giving me the "thumbs up" signal I started to lift it up (out of my view), and it was caught under a butt. It came up with only the fuel tank bit! Boss paid for a new tank assembly thankfully.

Its had a hard life, but the motor is really sweet, and the rest of the saw is in pretty reasonable condition, so while it is a bit gutless (give me my 66 any day) it will be a good spare saw, or, I might flog it off after I have done it up.

I have sourced all the parts 2nd hand, only cost me NZ$100. They should be here in a few days.

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Back