Got a DC today.How do I post pics with my mac?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG BEAM

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I learned how to put pics on my computer but how do I post on a thread.I have a mac running 10.5.Also I'm an old guy with few computer skills so I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Thanks in advance
DON

This is how I do it on my mac
-Hook up camera, and upload pics to Iphoto
-From Iphoto move to a separate folder
-Upload pic to photobucket, or other photo hosting website
-Once on photobucket, copy the image code for the pic
-Paste in thread and hit submit reply

Dunno how I missed that thread... Looks like I've wasted my time explaining the whole procedure to a couple people here since then, when I could have just linked to it. It's going in my bookmarks right now.

I don't think having a Mac should change anything as outlined in the first couple posts of that thread, because that's all done within the browser. If Safari can't do it for you, I'd suggest getting a copy of Firefox. The photo resizing isn't done via the browser though, but I'm pretty sure that iPhoto should be able to take care of it for you.

For all the nonsense about Macs being idiot-proof, easy-to-use, and "reliable" (LOL), every time I encounter one they throw a wrench into the gears because they aren't made to work with anything else BUT a Mac. Maybe I just have crap luck but they sure haven't given me a good impression over the years.

The same posted instructions apply for mac or pc (it is a function of this web site not your computer) I use Image Resizer (ironstarmedia.co.uk/osx-image-resizer/) to get them down to size with ease .

:cheers:

I learned how to put pics on my computer but how do I post on a thread.I have a mac running 10.5.Also I'm an old guy with few computer skills so I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Thanks in advance
DON

Why does owning a McCulloch make it harder to post pictures? Also, I wouldn't run 10.5:1 unless it's a D30 without the retrofitted manual oiler. Use a good quality synthetic at 32:1 to 50:1.

:laugh::laugh::D:D:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I don't think having a Mac should change anything as outlined in the first couple posts of that thread, because that's all done within the browser.

Bingo. It's all the same process whether you're using Window95, XP Professional, Linux, iMac, Windows 7, Mac OSX, or whatever. It has nothing to do with the operating system, and everything to do with the browser.

I guess my problem is I don't know how to create a folder.Typing is a HUGE challenge to me.:bang:
DON

Did I mention few computer skills.I just learned to copy and paste a month or so ago and I've had a computer for 5 years!

Last edited:
Back