Got a Husky 350 for my friend...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a offer from some people next door to him for all the firewood he can have ,,cause they just logged the farm next to him..He came down last week and told me about it,,and I told him,,if your doin it for profit,,you better get you a decent saw,,his was a POS....I sharpened the chain for him last year and told him the bar and chain was worth more than the saw itself...It was just a cheap ass saw...So he asked me to look for him a good used saw for around 200.00 bucks..First thing popped in my mind was,,,a good used pro saw that was at least 50cc for 200.00 no ways...I told him I would look around and try....I'm picky about used saws,,and people been around me at the GTG's know with my saws how picky I am about them,, looks and how they run...
I havent got to be online much in a few so I thought AS trading post,,,so I got online and there it was....Might of been good luck with timing but Brad had this 350 for sell and at the right price and I thought that was the saw for my friend....I did a search about the 350's cause I never seen one or heard alot about em,,but took the good with the bad,,,and I was sold on it,,,so I got with Brad and it was a done deal,,and today it it here... I called my freind as soon as it got here and asked him if he wanted me to leave it in the box of put the bar and chain on it for him,,,and he said go ahead and put it together....I prob. was more excited to open the box more than he was,,cause I wanted to see and feel this 350 for myself...
I'm impressed....I cant call this saw a box store saw...It's a older model 350,,,solid,,,put the 18 inch bar on it and feels like my old 028 with the 18 inch bar...Well ballanced for my likings...My friend might think diffrent with his feel,,but I liked it..Did a pull without the decomp. button and wow,,,,has more resistance than my 346xp...I can pull the 346 without the decomp. and with and not notice,,but I can tell the diffrence with this one....It suprised me.. I flipped it over and damn,,,adj. oiler.....I didnt think the 350 had adj. oiler,,and to me that a plus.......
I read where someone said it was lighter than the 346,,,but to me it feels a tad more heavy....I really havent searched the specs. on Husky web site about that issue,,but to me,,it's not that noticable,,,maybe cause I'm just tired today...
How I want to trow some gas and oil in her and go try it out,,,James told me to go ahead,,,but I cant,,it's his saw,,and he should be the first one to fire this baby up....I cant wait to see the smile on his face the first time it fires,,and then he makes a cut... I know he's gonna love it.....
I told him if he dont like it I'll pay him back and keep it for myself.....Lets hope he dont like it....LOL!!!!
Take care all !!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Can I be your friend too? ;)

I have 2 of the Husky 350 - I love that saw. Bought my second one a few years after the first to make sure that I am never caught with the thing down. The only problem I had was the plug wire dry rotting through after a few years.

Thank You Brad...

Glad it arrived safely!

This was a no brainer.....I know how picky about your things as I am as well...It was just perfect timing for you to have that for sell and me to get on and to search for one for my friend...I seen it for the price range he was wanting and it all just came together...
I cant wait to see his face when he trows this baby in some wood....All the people that had never ever ran a good decent saw the first time they run a real saw,, they are either hooked or scared to death....I ran saws all my life,,old school Mcc's,,,Stihl.....I think his in for a big shock of his life...LOL!!

Gotta love those 350s. I love mine especially afer the muffler mod, Man what a difference. Mine was my only saw for 8 years , untill I got my 268se. I think your friend will be very happy with it.

Here it is past 6 and I aint been to bed yet 11 to 7am shift..

It was freeking fun.....James came down and we fueled the 350 up and after 4 pulls with the choke,,it popped,,and after that one more pull and smooth as a kitten...He didnt know about cold lock,explaned it to him ,and let her warm up and wow,,,fast as you pull the trigger...Response was just as snappy as my stock 346xp...First cut he was wussing on the throttle,,and I told him,,,wot....It's not like your old saw,,,gotta pull the trigger and hold on....I think he about crapped himself cause this was something new to him....He started on this old 15 inch red oak log I had layin down and after he got used to wot he didnt wanna stop...WTF have i done....
I wanted some and told him lets see how this do tru a bore cut,,and he didnt know what a bore cut was till today,,,so I burried it and I was smiling cause this damn little saw cuts....I feel bad in aways cause I kinda snatched it away from him and started to do some bucking cuts up and down...It was just good fun.....He was impressed the way it starts....1 pull with the decomp. on,,and it was half a ways pull and she fired right up..
I told James get you some tru the log and make some stringers....He didnt know what I ment by stringers,,and he found out....He started and buried it and I wish you all could have seen the smile on his face,,he said I never did that before with a chainsaw....We finally had to stop playin cause his woman started his truck and said I'm leaving to make supper with or without you.....
He called me about 15 mins. after they left and he's still excited.....To me thats what makes a diffrence between cheap crap and a saw you can have fun with and ,,,I know goin out in the woods to get firewood is work,,but it can be fun too....

Congrats on getting your friend a nice saw. My little 2150 is pretty much my go to saw.

Stipes you done good hooking your buddy up like that and for the money you done a really good job.

No offense though I can't believe you use the 028 in the same sentence with the 350, night and day difference.

I had a 028 for 24 hrs before it was on the auction block because I already had a 350.

Latest posts

Back