Got a Kombi 130 with some Attachments... Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yesterday I went and got a Kombi 130, kept going between that and the Echo 265 .... decided to go with the Stihl.

Paid $891 for:

130 Motor
Power Pruner 12" Bar
Weed Whacker ... Straight Shaft with bump feed
Blower Unit
Extention
"Free" Extra Chain 12"

Used everything yesterday, nothing exciting, but it worked. The motor seems powerful, and started very easily one or two pulls. They started it and tuned it at the shop and when I got home, I never choked it all afternoon just hit the switch and pulled once or twice and away it went.

Swapping units is very easy.

First day impressions.... I like it, LOL.

Photos:
IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Kids made a little hut of trimmings:
IMG_0416.jpg

I'm going to use AV gas with Amsoil at 50:1 in it. The dealer said that might void the warranty. I told them I don't buy Stihl for the warranty, LOL.

Anybody have any tips or tricks for this stuff let me know. Otherwise we'll see how she does.

Sam

Ha! I have the same stuff.. Love that blower on the KM130! it's about the same power as the the BR340.

Don't let the kids stuff a potato up the blower tube, rev it up and blast each other. With the right fit, it can really hurt someone ;)

Ha! I have the same stuff.. Love that blower on the KM130! it's about the same power as the the BR340.

Don't let the kids stuff a potato up the blower tube, rev it up and blast each other. With the right fit, it can really hurt someone ;)

Andy,

Pour us a glass of whisky and sit down. Let's talk, man-to-man, bud-to-bud. You're one of the most respected members on this site. A man's man. Now, don't be offended. I've looked at the Stihl Kombo Mombo Jombo stuff, but I always have a question. Do you look and/or feel like a raving mad idiot when using the Kombo unit with the Kombo King Kong Ka-blower attached?

Just askin'. Not questioning manhood,

Joat

Joat:
It's not widely advertised that stihl made special tools for the military. Here was an innocent looking yard man just using his stihl backpack blower when all of a sudden.....bad guys/unwanted weeds= toast

flamethrower_upward.jpg

Thats the one reason I never bought the kombi system was the blower attachment, it looks pretty rediculous. I don't know if theres any truth to it but my local dealer also said that when tilling or edging that they wouldn't take the abuse as an independent unit, can't say if thats right or not though.

Joat:
It's not widely advertised that stihl made special tools for the military. Here was an innocent looking yard man just using his stihl backpack blower when all of a sudden.....bad guys/unwanted weeds= toast

flamethrower_upward.jpg

CJNS,

OK, playin' me for dump, eh? That's a picture of Tommie Hall after two-fer-one burrito night at Paco's Hot Taco Palace. Oh, Tommie hasn't smoked since.

Joat

CJNS,

OK, playin' me for dump, eh? That's a picture of Tommie Hall after two-fer-one burrito night at Paco's Hot Taco Palace. Oh, Tommie hasn't smoked since.

Joat

Poor Mr. Hall. The last person to eat at 2 for 1 at Paco's Hot Taco Palace drove this around for dang near a week.

attachment.php

. I don't know if theres any truth to it but my local dealer also said that when tilling or edging that they wouldn't take the abuse as an independent unit, can't say if thats right or not though.

I think it's BS... It's exactly the same parts - just a joined shaft which if anything has more supports.

Last edited:
Sam:
The KM130r is a beast and you will be very happy with it.
I used my km130r with the tiller attachment today and it worked really well. It ripped up small roots and would dig surprisingly deep pretty fast. I also used it for about 4 hours with the hedge trimmer and extention shaft trimming some large ligustrums and it never missed a beat.

Jesus...almost a grand and you got a trimmer,pole saw, an edger, and a blower thingy....

Fckin expensive ****...

Jesus...almost a grand and you got a trimmer,pole saw, an edger, and a blower thingy....

Fckin expensive ****...

It is expensive up front but it's still cheaper than buying all of them as separate power units It also takes up less space and requires less maintainence(fewer spark plugs, fuel lines, air filters, etc, etc, etc.)

I am thinking of getting the tiller attachment for my km110r now that it is running again. I used it to with the string trimmer and pole saw attachments today and so far it runs as good as new. You should be very happy with the km130r

I also have the KM130 and carry it daily with the hedge trimmer and pole pruner/extension attachments because carrying the HT131 would be too much.

The 131 has to go when it is a dedicated trimming day and I am not carrying my mowing equipment.

Tons of power and easy starts.

Personally I would not use AV fuel because it has lead in it and the catalytic converter will plug up for sure!

(I believe it has a Catalytic converter in it)

Whoever is knocking the blowing has not used it. That is the neatest tool of all of them. I don't use a broom anymore, clean out the truck bed, blow large batwinged mower, tractors, barn lofts .... all without having to put a backpack on, the thing doesn't weigh anything and it doesn't torque around like a backpack.

We have a rental house and I dethatched 4-6" deep, old landscaping and it was blowing 1" branches and rocks the size of your palm off of the sidewalk with ease.

The pruner gets heavy with the extention attached, but work for work, it sure beats climbing up into the tree or using the loader tractor with chainsaw. I cut several 6-8" branches with absolute ease, I even purposely cross cut one just to bury the little 12" bar and it had no problem.

After two days, I'm quite happy with it. I feel kinda dorky with an "attachment device", but I know when things slow down a bit, I don't need or want several items to maintain. Anyone have any recommendations and photos of a blade for a tall grass cutter and/or brush cutter. The dealer said something about not using certain blades, but their were some blades for the Kombi that are good to about 1" saplings. I would assume that is hard on the unit. I didn't get one of those blades, so I just swung the 361 around for awhile, LOL.

Before:
MattPetwayEmailandNotes319.jpg

MattPetwayEmailandNotes320.jpg

MattPetwayEmailandNotes322.jpg

MattPetwayEmailandNotes328.jpg

After:
MattPetwayEmailandNotes334.jpg

MattPetwayEmailandNotes336.jpg

MattPetwayEmailandNotes351.jpg

Sam

I also have the KM130 and carry it daily with the hedge trimmer and pole pruner/extension attachments because carrying the HT131 would be too much.

The 131 has to go when it is a dedicated trimming day and I am not carrying my mowing equipment.

Tons of power and easy starts.

Personally I would not use AV fuel because it has lead in it and the catalytic converter will plug up for sure!

(I believe it has a Catalytic converter in it)

Anyone know if this thing has a catalytic converter. I live and purchased it in Illinois, would possibly the cat version be sold in California. I know the hole in the muffler is larger than the one in the muffler of an 880 or almost any stock chainsaw of any size, LOL.

The AV gas is low lead if it matters?

Sam

Back