got a ms650 on trade....needs a top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where in upsate sc? My stepdads son has a second home in seneca. nice area up there but a little remote...

Well yes its a little too much for small wood but I like it for the fun factor. Really why I got it is for the big wood when I help my friend cut firewood. It really paid off last winter when we cut firewood BIG firewood pieces just outside atlanta (20 min from downtown). I havent used it in a few months.

I use a 361 and just got a 211 for small wood/delimbing/small jobs. Boith great saws. Back savers, lol. 361 sure pulls good with 20 b/c rsc stihl chain.

066 will be used problly 2 more times this season then not until next winter unless need be.

Had a 460 too but traded up for 066. Friend got 460, I got 66.

J.

seneca is the next town over from toccoa, unless you want to count that spot in the road called westminster.

i usually work around greenville, pelzer, abbeville, and in between those areas

and man your telling me, my 440 took a crap a few months ago, and then i broke the mount on my 361....so ive been limbing harwood with a ms660 for the past 3 weeks lol

wont the bb kit for the 660 cause the piston to hit the crank case? something about t

HOW can the piston hit the case??????????? Maybe contact with crankshaft approaching BTDC or the top of the cyl as TDC comes up.But the latter seems as unlikely as the former,. There is the thick and thin base gasket that can make a 50 thou difference as the agency said .Well the .005" might be a sliver off correct but its a difference.Get one and stick it on man. It wont start if it wont work .give it a turn without the plug in before you finish assembly,then you'll find out.If no go just resell the pot & piston.Nuthin Ventured nuthin Gained:rockn:

seneca is the next town over from toccoa, unless you want to count that spot in the road called westminster.

i usually work around greenville, pelzer, abbeville, and in between those areas

and man your telling me, my 440 took a crap a few months ago, and then i broke the mount on my 361....so ive been limbing harwood with a ms660 for the past 3 weeks lol

whats the mount on 361? I am still learning...

361 and 440 great saws.

why not a 361, 660, and 211 like I have? I use the 361 the most, 066 for BIG WOOD and 211 for small wood/delimbing. perfect combo. can take a break from the weight of 066 with 361 and 361 to 211.

just saw this....haha

to answer your question, i use the 361 to buck pine (i have a ctr ground saw, but it stays at my shop because my procurer thinks if its there it runs for free) the 361 is a good saw on the ground but doesnt have the grunt to handle bucking big red/white oaks

ms440 is the saw of choice for everything that can be cut with a 20 inch bar, unless your bucking small pine then the 361s better anti vibe and lighter weight make it my go to guy

the ms660 is to cut down those that my 20 inch koering saw head wont fit around (you can cut around a 35 inch tree off at the butt with it) and if your feeling froggy you can buck big hardwood (its fast, but it tends to take a lot out of me, with the added weight and extra trips from the loader to the truck for gas and oil.) and no gas or oil are allowed near my loader (gas can death is aggravating , plus its hard to find a non carb can anymore)

and to update the build, the saw ended up getting a ported bb kit with a dual port muffler and ran valiantly for around 4 months on a big hardwood clear cut. after that point a 56 inch white oak that scaled around 3000 foot spun on the stump and found its resting place on the jug cover. killed all the plastics and cracked the case:msp_mad:

i was pissed but glad my faller didnt get hurt and that my real 660 wasnt the one that got crashed

Back