Got a new log splitter but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with TSC. They were the ones who hitched it. I spoke with the guy who actually hitched it up. He got pissy with me right off the bat. Company policy to do that i guess. He blamed my dad for not checking his work before he left. The real pisser about the whole ordeal is that he drove about 4.5 miles hitched and was 50 YARDS FROM THE DRIVEWAY when it came off. It was dark last night and i did not look to see if he had gone off the road.

Why would he get pissy with you .I would find the manager or better yet call
Corp office at least maybe you could get the parts for free .They will charge
it back to the company they buy from.if they dont want the responsibility
they should let you hook it .If it wasnt latched correct.i can see a problem
A carb is not the end of the world to change if thats it >Good luck

got a call back from TSC

Guy told me that i needed to turn it in to my insurance company, either home or auto, and hung up. One sentence and that was it. he neglected to inform my dad of all the necessary rules that he should abide by when transporting it though. I am going to call the corporate office and try to explain it to them. I am going to exhaust this angle before moving on to plan "b".

Plan B: Fix it. I bent the lever back to a respectable, working angle. It raises and lowers. The air filter was MASHED and the throttle was bent beyond repair. But that is it. Cosmetic touch ups and it will look like new. It did slide about 10 feet on the pavement upside down. The gas cap is flat on one of the sides. Didn't try and take it off. The pull start mechanism is still functioning. I almost tried to start it yesterday, but wanted to leave that up to pops to try. He will most likely repair it himself in a few days and have it running by this weekend if Plan "a" doesn't work out.

Thanks to everybody who gave me advice. Your time and words made pops feel alot better about is mistake. I am deeply indebted to you all.

First thing you need to make sure the hitch ball mount is the correct size. He didn't hook up to a smaller ball hitch did he ? like a 2'' inch on a 1 7/8'' ball hitch ?

Latest posts

Back