Got me a 560XP sittin' here boys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More from spike:

uGrG8l.jpg

This is the image I am talking about.

External transfers. The plug in the center of the CC should make
for less spark lead. Looks like a good step forward.

Last edited:

External transfers. The plug in the center of the CC should make
for spark lead. Looks like a good step forward.

I am much more of a saw user than a collector or expert, but I have never seen external transfers on a production saw. I am probably showing my ignorance here, but has this been done on a stock saw before?

i like it.

they made the weight less but the price might be a different story.

I like my 357 just fine.i wont be replacing it any time soon.

The exhaust port does seem really low. Is this a traditional split magnesium case with a one piece bolt-on cylinder? The picture from the clutch side showing the bottom of the cylinder looks really confusing, in terms of how the cylinder bolts to the case.

Bolts up like any other cylinder. Bolts run parallel to the cylinder as always, Top of the crankcase is angled to match the angle of the cylinder, and it is the traditional split mag case.

560 and 562 are both XP's and the displacement is 62CC. Difference is 560 is narrow tail and 562 is wide tail bar mount. 555 is a non-XP, and I'm not sure of the displacement.

If you look at the pic with the 357, you'll notice how the handles are a little farther apart. So, despite the lighter weight, it should balance well with an 20" bar, where as the 357 never did IMO. Despite the strange appearance, this is a very comfortable saw to run. The weight and handling are REAL good.

What do you think of the offset top spring mount? Looks to me like a part I'll have to stock.

Another little item: They got the "weight" right, but the "wait" is a different matter. I think they'll be here in time for Christmas.

The laid back cylinder definitely takes ya a few years back. It's set up like an 031/032 sthil. Different in deed. Does that mean that they stole the technology from the 30 year old stihls....yep, that's my story anyhow. :laugh:

I have no problem with the way it looks, I just want to run it! Thanks for the pics. and info Spike!

Naaaa! No self-respecting swede would be caught dead in a volvo now that the ChiCom's own volvo! LOL Not that your average swede has anything agaist the chicoms!

Good fellow, it would be a nice saab that he would thrown into!

Oh wait, who owns saab now?????? The dutch just bought them out!

Arrggg! What is a dyed in the wool swede car driver going to do???

Mike

We drive Land Rover Defenders... Switched from a Volvo V70XC - not a real offroader in my opinion. Sorry, that was OT... Nice looking prototype, now that we finally have pics! Do newer Stihls also have that kind of laid-back cylinder, so to speak?

Latest posts

Back