Got my carb drivers and modded my Dolmar high speed screw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcub

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my carb driver set from Amazon finally

Not too bad for less than $25

IMG_2002.JPG

The "Double D" fit the high speed screw and taking bikemike's advice I pulled the HS and Dremeled a nice slot in it

I took my time and gave it a very small amount of taper to lead the screwdriver in and then put it back in all the way and then turned it out to where I started

IMG_2001.JPG

Put her all back together, pulled the plug and pumped out the crankcase and fired her up

I started cutting coasters on some 10" poplar rounds because it is the biggest thing laying around

First I tried the screwdriver and then I went ahead and tried the driver

The driver is a bit snug but I quickly figured out thats a plus

It hangs there and stays put so I can saw, adjust, saw, adjust, etc etc without having to fiddle around getting the screwdriver seated

I am glad i can field adjust with just a screwdriver now but for tuning the driver is hard to beat

Thanks everyone for the input

Michael

I was thinking I could have slipped a piece of rubber tubing over the head to help guide and center a screwdriver

The factory rubber "guide" appears to be more suited to the specialty driver concept

Something to play with

I love those splined poulan screwdrivers, I wish they all came with those screws they are so easy to work with.
I too have one Dolmer and the pacman tool for it.
If I'm out with any of my saws I have my saw tools with me.

John

Wow, that was FAST! Ordered first thing Wednesday morning, arrived yesterday (Friday). Gotta love that amazon. Sometimes...

Thanks Michael, thanks for the link.

Wow, that was FAST! Ordered first thing Wednesday morning, arrived yesterday (Friday). Gotta love that amazon. Sometimes...

Thanks Michael, thanks for the link.

Hey mels

"Sometimes" is right

They have been a little flaky lately

Taking days just to ship

But then they send it second day air at no charge and I cool my jets

Take care

Michael

Back