Got my new "carb kit" for the 550xp. I have questions re the new fuel line that comes with it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I ran my saw this weekend. The original issue is gone! However, there's a new issue....that essentially makes the saw worthless. It won't rev...and lacks power in the cut. It was so weak, I had trouble getting it through a single green 10" aspen. It was acting as though it was way rich...yet, it smelled hot. I pulled the plug to see if it offered any clues. It did not indicate any richness....at all!

I've been patient...but my frustrations are mounting. Doesn't matter how good this saw is if it's not working as it should. As it is, this 550 makes my Stihl electric seem like a hot rod....a reliable hot rod. And there's nothing I can do. It's at the dealer again but he's stumped...and frustrated as well. Imagine how I feel right now. :(I'm not a hobby cookie cutter nor am I big money maker. A saw is a needed tool for me. I want this saw to work...and I want to give Husqvarna the benefit of the doubt.

I hope you are listening, Husqvarna.
In the field reset is five minutes running it hard in like some medium diameter wood, say half the bar length.

Now I don't own one, but that is what I read as the normal reset procedure to get it calibrated.

Back