Got out again today ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The warm wet weather of the past few days cleared off several inches of snow here in the Southern Tier of Upstate NY. 62 degrees mid day Monday and we've been dropping about 1 degree per hour since then. Was down right nice out this morning so I split the remainder of the wood I had bucked up over Thanksgiving. Wind has picked up again and we got a good dusting of snow. Supposed to be single digit temps tonight. Two pics, the splitter I run off my tractor and the results of the last couple split sessions. Stacks are 16' long and 6' tall.

Looks like you had a good time.
It's always nice to stand back and admire a big pile of wood you just cut and split.

Gonna be a bit chilly tonight.
No cutting, splitting, stacking for me today. I did bring in a bunch of frozen splits to pile near the stove, though. Rain, snow, rain, snow, and winter's only 3 days old?
Merry Christmas

Very nice! Pretty wood, too!

I only swung the fiskars a few times today, for moisture checking sport. I did bring in a Christmas load of mixed primo wood, hickory heartwood, oak heartwood, two year old oak slender splits with bark, some thin ash pieces, and a mambo fat three year old red oak yule log ugly.

Latest posts

Back