Got Poulan Bug ---Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okey guys, I'm know infatuated with the smaller older Poulan saws and want one. Don't need one but what the heck. I'm leaning towards one of the CV models like the 2300 CVA or S25 CVA as opposed the the Micro XXV models. Any ideas or recommendations? My first saw was a Poulan Micro XXV back in the mid-70's. Only recollection was my hands became numb after using it for a bit. Thanks.
Bob

... one of the CV models like the 2300 CVA or S25 CVA as opposed the the Micro XXV models.

I'm curious about what CV stands for. For that matter I wonder about what XX or XXV means too.

I've got a 4620 AVX and I think AV -> Anti Vibration and X -> California certified (or maybe not CA certified)

Or maybe not.

Is there a guide to the alphabet soup for Poulans?

best,
walt

I'm curious about what CV stands for. For that matter I wonder about what XX or XXV means too.

I've got a 4620 AVX and I think AV -> Anti Vibration and X -> California certified (or maybe not CA certified)

Or maybe not.

Is there a guide to the alphabet soup for Poulans?

best,
walt

Don't know of a guide. AV is as you know, "Anti Vibe". CV or CVA on some is "CounterVibe". There is an observable difference in those two on the smaller saws. CounterVibe would seem to be the way to go and better to control vibration. AntiVibe on some of the smaller saws only seems to isolate the top of the wrap handle in many cases. CV usually isolates both handles. I'm sure someone will find an exception to this, but this would be my simple way to explain it without pics.

X

...on the 4620 stands for quick tensioner.:dizzy: I have the 4620AVHD, and it's got regular bar nuts and is also Cal. certified. Exactly the same as the AVX except for the tensioning system.

PPine

Latest posts

Back