Got some firewooding in this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
Not a lot, but I had to do some cleanup so I can mow lawn. First was some spruce from cleaning up a friends yard, dang that stuff is stringy! I've got maybe 1/2 cord over there yet to go get:

attachment.php

Next, some poplar from the back yard:

attachment.php

Got em stacked up, I piled the spruce in with the box elder since they'll likely get burned in the firepit, or for a quick spring/fall fire:

attachment.php

Some more poplar from the back yard, this one was already starting to get punky, so it went straight into next years bonfire stack:

attachment.php

Note the criss crossed end. Usually I stack in "endless" rows (The theory is if they have an end, and it's full, I could consider myself "done" - yeah right!), but I was running out of room on the 4x4s, and didn't have more handy, so this was the answer:

attachment.php

Not a lot of work, but I got it done, and got mowed around the stacks before it started raining here today. Weed whacker ran out of string half way down the first row, though. Guess I'll finish my mowing and trimming another day. I've got a graduation to go to this afternoon anyhow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Note the criss crossed end. Usually I stack in "endless" rows (The theory is if they have an end, and it's full, I could consider myself "done" - yeah right!), but I was running out of room on the 4x4s, and didn't have more handy, so this was the answer:

attachment.php

Not a lot of work, but I got it done, and got mowed around the stacks before it started raining here today. Weed whacker ran out of string half way down the first row, though. Guess I'll finish my mowing and trimming another day. I've got a graduation to go to this afternoon anyhow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

That silo in the background could hold alot of wood I'll bet.......

Laird, at 14'x40', it should hold about 48 cords. Filling and emptying might suck though.

An older fella down the road from me stacks his wood in an old wire mesh corn crib. I'll try to remember to get a pic of it sometime.

Looks good Steve. I've been running the SS and saws most of the day as the weather allows. It'll rain just enough to run for the barn the stop, then I head back out cut a little and it rains again. Perhaps I would do better working on my beer can collection....:)

Looks good Steve. I've been running the SS and saws most of the day as the weather allows. It'll rain just enough to run for the barn the stop, then I head back out cut a little and it rains again. Perhaps I would do better working on my beer can collection....:)

Guns, I'd rather work between the rain drops then the Tics.. Went up to the woods to pull out a few loads so we could try out the new wheeler last Sunday and finally said "Uncle" on Friday. The Dr. started me on Doxycyline.

Hey! Not all is lost. My old trailer works great and the new wheeler should work out great. Will post a pic of both when I remember my left from my right.

Steve, Always nice to see someone's wood pile and pics.. Thanks!!

FYI Off (deep woods sportsmamn) makes a spray bottle that has Deet 98.2% Had two bottles of it in my tool box but wanted to us up the cheaper stuff first... Wrong Answer!!

I've also seen a few people around here with those old wire corn cribs full of wood. That a smart use if no grains going in them, what a great way to dry firewood!

I was hoping to slide up to Grantsburg and do a little cuttin and piling myself but got sucked into something else, maybe tomorrow, how you handling the mosquitoes? Man there thick this year!!

Latest posts

Back