Got some free stuff this past week.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Lucked into some free beech, elm and ash this past week. I have hauled about 7 cords so far with my '81 3/4 ton long bed Chevy. There's about 1.5-2 cords left for me to get. Almost all of it is 15" or larger in diameter. Some of the beech is about 36". I included some pics of the RTV included for scale and of the elm bark. Looks like slippery(red?) elm to me. Haven't messed with it much. Not as heavy as the beech and easier on chains too. Should be pretty good though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes that's elm. If you look real close you can see some green ash and silver maple in there too.

Outstanding score Peacock!

It's nice that you were able to aquire the wood.

We leave slash and ends/crooks for people to pick up if they like (I do!) But some of the other local loggers will plow it under before letting anyone have it. Shame really, but they were possibly burned (ripped off) at some time. Spoils it it for the magority of good folks out there. :cheers:

Yeah it is a great score!!

The guy lives near my parents and is adding an addition to his house. Dropped a total of 5 trees. All 30" dbh or greater. Had about 10 people lined up to get wood so he had the tree service just take the tops. I was the only one who showed up. So I have it all so far. He even gave me the name of few friends of his that new wood removed!!:)

I ground a few chains for him and have been helping him out on his old Accord. Made a new friend in the process.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back