Got some use from my PPE today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acer saccharum

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This afternoon, as I put my saw into a log, it grabbed a piece of bark and flung it at my face. Instantly it bounced off my face shield and I heard a plastic ring through my helmet. I just kept on cutting and said to myself that I was glad I didn't have to find out if that would have hurt. A few years ago before I wisened up I would have found out.

Good for you for wearing it. Life has enough "little" suprises. No sense in adding to it on your own.:cheers:

my neighbors make fun of me when i put on all my ppe to do a little job but i have seen first hand what a chainsaw can do, and i still have everything the good Lord gave me. Good for you

Only time this year I've tripped the chain brake in an incident was a cut so simple I didn't bother taking the chaps with me up to the woodlot as I knew I'd just me make a few quick cuts.

Thankfully I was standing in a proper posture and all to avoid injury when the saw shot out unexpectedly, still reinforced how quickly little things can go wrong.

Back