Got the Bobcat stuck today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Slayer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
doing a clearing job and hit a very wet spot. Sure glad their was a big excavator on the job. He just plucked it right out.
cameraphone090.jpg

woah. now that is stuck. I always thought it was pretty hard to get a tracked loader stuck, guess not.

was the boom in the air when you got it stuck like in the picture? was thinking that if you were riding with the load at just above ground level the load would of kept the machine from nose diving?

any pics of the pluck with the ex?

There is an ambusher mower on the front it was about 4" off the ground when it went in . I had to pick it up in the air to get out of the loader. also had to take the lexan door off to get out. Sorry no pics of the excavator.

Last edited:
I had to pick it up in the air to get out of the loader. also had to take the lexan door off to get out. Sorry no pics of the excavator.

Scary! good that soft spot wasn't any deeper. :censored:

man that is what you call stuck. glad to hear no one or themachine got hurt. nice of the excavator to pull you out.

woah. now that is stuck. I always thought it was pretty hard to get a tracked loader stuck, guess not.

Over the years I 've stuck track loaders to many times. One time I was clearing an area for a couple of hours and broke through the "crust". The tractor sunk to the top of the tracks in just over an hour. I was on totally flat ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Awesome....

I mean how often does your bobcat just completely sink in like that.

Now i am only saying Awesome because you had a larger loader to get you out, the machine, and most importantly no one else was hurt.

Yikes!!! That is stuck!!
It looks like there was no warning at all, probably just a sinking feeling.

Good deal that nothing and nobody got hurt and you were able to recover it quickly. There is a definate sense of panic when you have a machine stuck, quick recovery is best for all involved.

A friend of mine recently stuck a brand new Deere 200D (50,000lbs) rental machine. We were able to get it out quickly, with no harm done. The tension on the job was pertty high to say the least, I don't think you could have pounded a needle up my friends azz with a jackhammer............

Ed

stuck yeah but I had a buddy park his d7g cat over a soft spot that
that was froze temps climbed over night next mourning he thought
someone stole it until we pointed out the barely visible stack!
It took a crane and a excavator and all day to get it out and his
boss an azz anyway was mad mad mad!

got the same machine stuck with trax

went over the marsh 4 2 days and then i hit a deep soft spot suctioning me in the muck any way it took hours a big crane and and a big tow wrecker to get r out. it was un real the suction was 10 or 20x or more weight than the skidder. no one got hurt well physically any way. we lost lots of time and money and we were all very muddy but now i lol. glad u r ok. cool pic

Latest posts

Back