Got these Priceless Gems for Christmas!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Grown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
img186.jpg

This is my Dad (the guy with his arm around the other guy) and my uncle Al Copeland. This picture from best I can determine was taken in the late 40's in the Sonora/Angel Camp area. my father was about 24 years old then. He and his brother owned a logging company in Northern California right after the war. From what I understand the tank on top of the cab was used to cool the brakes on the truck before there were Jake brake. I also understand that they used wedges and bindings rather than stakes and bindings to hold the logs on the truck. I didnt know these pictures existed til my sister gave me a cd of them. Here are a few. Enjoy!

img306.jpg

img096.jpg

img095.jpg

He has been gone now for 26 years and I still miss hanging with him. Anyway enjoy!

I can't believe the log stayed on the truck. Good pictures.

Those cheese-blocks held the log real well....run 'em into the channel, latch them down and you were good to go. Cheese-blocks and gut wrappers were state-of-the-art in those days. And, unless your brakes faded on a long downgrade, those old trucks couldn't get going fast enough to spill one off in a turn.

I want one of those.......

would come in handy at my dad's place....or anywhere.

Those are some very cool old pictures. It is neat to see how they did stuff back in the day. Would you mind sharing some more pics off the CD please.:clap::cheers::clap:

Beefie

Thank you!

Those are some very cool old pictures. It is neat to see how they did stuff back in the day. Would you mind sharing some more pics off the CD please.:clap::cheers::clap:

Beefie

I shall do that in the next few days... He also worked on a dam there. I know the pictures were taken before I was born in 50 because we were in Oregon and never returned to California to live.

Latest posts

Back