GOT WOOD?? it was a good day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffandJess4806

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well i went and cleaned up some fence rows, here is the pic of the load that i brought home today. I have about 3 more loads like this to bring home.... But i had enough for this weekend.

woodpile003.jpg

woodpile002.jpg

That's a lot of work man, good job. You'll sleep good tonight.

I am going to go take care of a big dry blow-down on Thursday of this week, should be fun.

What type of wood is that?

Fun!

Yesterday I got to drop a 30'' thick walnut tree with my new ms 460. I am not an expert but my drops always seem to go right where I want them to. Knock on wood, so to speak:greenchainsaw: I will try to post a pic or two tomorrow (me no tech wiz grande)
It was a lotta fun. My buddy let me drop it, then we bucked it up. stump was close to the ground, almost perfectly flat, which is not my usual M.O.

Small hinge notch, then straight thru from all three sides (25" bar)

Saw worked well, tho it didnt burble at all under load, and I sure don't want it to overheat. Not for $800+

Best part, no injuries :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice looking wood you have there. Thats about how much I have been doing everyday for the last few weeks. Once you get it split you have had a nice workout.

My lean to is about full now. This is a great time to split and the wood will be great come this fall. Soon the ground will thaw and everything will be a mess

Jeff, where are you cutting at? I've been cutting a few miles East of Springport this winter.

Latest posts

Back