Gotta love youtube....and their "motivational" videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course its not the owner fault they can't read an owner's manual, it's the auto companies for making a car into a house with a back seat baby sitter. On some when in teen mode, have to have seat belt on to start and move the car/truck.

Steve

Was in a new Buick last week, was pulling in the shop, I opened the door to check my wheel placement for the lift, dang car slammed on brakes and went into park, give me a break GM.

Steve

My friend has an F550 service truck. If you pull it out of park with a door open a super loud beeper under the dash goes off.

I went to move it closer to the skidder to either grease or fuel it one day and found out about it.
Not sure if it's a factory thing or something added on (truck used to be a slope truck)

How about the newer cars that ding a ding a Ling if you don't have a seat belt on? None of my stuff has that, though my newest is an 05.
Rented a little econo-box to drive from Logan to northern Maine. The dog had to ride on the passengers seat. He was just heavy enough to trigger some seat belt/air bag every few mins. I was about ready to push the car off a cliff after 7hrs of that!

I am not by any means a pro, but a little common sense and taking your time goes a long way on using a chainsaw (at least IMHO) two weeks ago I cut down 4 pines that were about 3 feet off center from power and phone lines, they leaned over the lines (and blocked my view of fuji from the hot tub, hence they gotta go) one was even leaning at about 2' from plum from 40 feet up, I just climbed them roped myself in as best I could and trimmed all of the limbs off that were in the direction of the power wires and put a sling at about the 30 ft mark and ran it through a 4 sheave block and tackle to a 12 volt ATV winch strapped to the base of another good sized pine and put as much pull as I could and then got started nice and slow. 20 minutes later tree is on the ground, no power wires hit, no houses hit nobody falling off of ladders or any of that other craziness. I just lengthen the remote wires long enough that as I cut through the trigger my friend just let the winch run and it pulled it right over nice as you please. NOTE: this was of course not ideal, but I am not a pro and cannot afford one.

My friend has an F550 service truck. If you pull it out of park with a door open a super loud beeper under the dash goes off.

I went to move it closer to the skidder to either grease or fuel it one day and found out about it.
Not sure if it's a factory thing or something added on (truck used to be a slope truck)

How about the newer cars that ding a ding a Ling if you don't have a seat belt on? None of my stuff has that, though my newest is an 05.
Rented a little econo-box to drive from Logan to northern Maine. The dog had to ride on the passengers seat. He was just heavy enough to trigger some seat belt/air bag every few mins. I was about ready to push the car off a cliff after 7hrs of that!
Never noticed if the chim goes off while driving, I always got my seat belt on, now in the parking lot, they go off by speed. Don't know how long it goes off though.

Steve

Never noticed if the chim goes off while driving, I always got my seat belt on, now in the parking lot, they go off by speed. Don't know how long it goes off though.

Steve

The seat belt thing drives me nuts. Drive a mile down a woods road at maybe 20 mph and it's going off like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum.
How about let me decide if I want to wear the belt!

Back