Graphic Instruction on How to EMBED Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can copy and paste from image shack but how do you get the picture to show up without clicking on the link?http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6797/franklintrees01.jpg

Since you already have the image uploaded to a server you can start at step 8 in the instructions and it will end up like this:

franklintrees01.jpg

Just a point to make here for the administrators of the AS site - if images are uploaded to an image server other than ArboristSite they have bad experiences with the images becoming broken links some time in the future when the other service discontinues service or the customer becomes unregistered from that service. They strongly recommend that all AS members upload their images to AS.

Returning the favor...

Assuming you already know how to upload videos to YouTube it is quite easy to embed those videos into a message.

Here is a pic of the window:
attachment.php

Just double click on the "embed" field and the html will be highlighted. Additional options will be available at that point (such as video size) but you don't have to select any just copy the highlighted html and then import it into your message just as you would a picture except you don't have to use manage attachments - you just Go to that funny yellow icon (the one with the mountains and sun) that's above the message window and click on it and paste the url into that requestor, hit okay and it'll be in your message as below.

Like this?

object>

Wow, that was easy! Thanks!!

Wow, now that's one BIG Picture of one BIG tree. LOL

You need to get the resizing down now. That file was 3888 pixels wide - here it is 800 px wide.

:clap:

Seriously a big tree - did it fall and did it hit the house?

attachment.php

Looks awful familiar!! LOL I did one just like it. Good on ya though, for helping out.

First mistake, LOL, you say to resize the image, but you said max 300mb. That's a little big LOL.. It should be 300kb.

Will

Will...

I missed your original post back in 2008 and am embarrassed that I missed it again just this month. I even did a search to see if there was one done. Your's is very clear and obviously has helped a lot of members since 2008.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back