Grapple Truck???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never understoof skid steers in the tree business.

My guys can't quit making ruts with the skid steer in the lawns. Now when I'm not on site all debris is moved within 20 ft of driveway or street. We also have a 20ft dump trailer that can pull close to the grapple truck and load it as well.

not on residential yards anyway.they are great for construction or lot clearing with a grinder but that would be all the use i would have for one.my buddies does a lot more damage than my 32 HP Mahindra would ever do.

My guys can't quit making ruts with the skid steer in the lawns. Now when I'm not on site all debris is moved within 20 ft of driveway or street. We also have a 20ft dump trailer that can pull close to the grapple truck and load it as well.
Mats Mats and more Mats, if you use them you can walk on water..:cheers:

For storm cleanup there is nothing better than a grapple truck. The perfect combo in my opinion is a bobcat to drag the material out of the yard and a grapple to load it. Given the danger and maintanence involved with a chipper I prefer a grapple. Good point about the dump fees, chipper will compact the material smaller, but the grapple is more versatile than a chipper can ever be.

In 8 years fortunately I've only had to pay to dump a handful of times. I dump on my own property and have people all over the county who let us dump. I have one friend that charges me like 30 bucks to dump a grapple truck load on his land by the lake.

Just a heads up I live on 52 acers and dumped on property for 2 years till some kids lit it on fire while I was out working. not good. they didn't even care about the kids came and arrested me 3rd degree feloney 2nd degree mistiminer. got charged with illegal dumping of hazardus waste material and operating a landfill without a permit. I dont know the laws there but here it states you are allowed to dump on private property with owners consint and if it is not a public nuscense sorry about the spelling the killer here was and as long as it dosn't violate another law thats why they charged me with opperating a landfield so they could get the charges to stick i got 2yrs probation cause they couldnt prove exactly how much was there cause of the fire it burned about 5 acres. I also have not been arrested before so the judge looked at that but it can be pentalized up to 5years and 250,00 fine. I got away with 1000.00 I am zoned agricutrual and commercial. its not like I was in city limits. just saying be carefull of dumping on your own property O yea everything was tree debris they consider this construction debris cause you haul it from one place to another and get paid for it. anything you take down on your property can stay on property so keep that as your story if this ever happens to you hoppefully it dosnt

Just a heads up I live on 52 acers and dumped on property for 2 years till some kids lit it on fire while I was out working. not good. they didn't even care about the kids came and arrested me 3rd degree feloney 2nd degree mistiminer. got charged with illegal dumping of hazardus waste material and operating a landfill without a permit. I dont know the laws there but here it states you are allowed to dump on private property with owners consint and if it is not a public nuscense sorry about the spelling the killer here was and as long as it dosn't violate another law thats why they charged me with opperating a landfield so they could get the charges to stick i got 2yrs probation cause they couldnt prove exactly how much was there cause of the fire it burned about 5 acres. I also have not been arrested before so the judge looked at that but it can be pentalized up to 5years and 250,00 fine. I got away with 1000.00 I am zoned agricutrual and commercial. its not like I was in city limits. just saying be carefull of dumping on your own property O yea everything was tree debris they consider this construction debris cause you haul it from one place to another and get paid for it. anything you take down on your property can stay on property so keep that as your story if this ever happens to you hoppefully it dosnt

Also wood debris can leach chemicals as it breaks down. If the authorities were out to get you, be careful cause you could get nailed for leaching chemicals into a water course.

I know a number of companies with differing setups; some have semi sized rigs and some have non CDL. It all depends on what you are doing with it. Just a few logs to finish up the small trucks work great, you can sneak them in many places.

Petersen in Minoqua, WI do not own a chipper, they have a grinder come in twice a year to make mulch that they will sell.

One client has several sizes of small loaders and will load up his International steakbed with everything over ten inches or so.

If you have a big chipper and a log truck you can use it to feed the big stuff into the chipper. Many who do this prefer a bypass grapple since it will crush wide crotches down to feed better.

I know a guy who has a non-dump long bed that he hates not paying up for the dump bed.

Also wood debris can leach chemicals as it breaks down. If the authorities were out to get you, be careful cause you could get nailed for leaching chemicals into a water course.

you are exactley right about the water luckely it wasnt near water but also if you barey the tree debris you can get in a lot more trouble but I never new all this till I got arrested bad way to learn about this stuff.

I know a number of companies with differing setups; some have semi sized rigs and some have non CDL. It all depends on what you are doing with it. Just a few logs to finish up the small trucks work great, you can sneak them in many places.

Petersen in Minoqua, WI do not own a chipper, they have a grinder come in twice a year to make mulch that they will sell.

One client has several sizes of small loaders and will load up his International steakbed with everything over ten inches or so.

If you have a big chipper and a log truck you can use it to feed the big stuff into the chipper. Many who do this prefer a bypass grapple since it will crush wide crotches down to feed better.

I know a guy who has a non-dump long bed that he hates not paying up for the dump bed.

ya definatley get a dump bed what a pain to get all the small stuff out.

Wow!!! sorry its deer season so all the spare time I have is spent in the woods but thanks for the info I never thought you could get in trouble for dumping on my own property.

Wow!!! sorry its deer season so all the spare time I have is spent in the woods but thanks for the info I never thought you could get in trouble for dumping on my own property.

yup me either. the d.e.p is still coming over checking to make shure I am not dumping. but I did get a chipper this year so I am going to see if I can get away with filling in holes on the property with the chips. I guess i will just have to write a reciept to myself for the chips

Latest posts

Back