Gravely disc bearings!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My 625lr has done a set of bearings, I have about a half mm slack in the disc, not good. I was wondering if anyone new what bearings it required as the two on the shaft are different, the parts list tells me jack, If I take the whole thing apart to get a measurement it could be weeks before I can find the bearings, so no mr chipper, so no make the money.

Both bearings are based on a 1.5 inch shaft, length is 1 and 15/16ths (about 50.5mm) and the outside diameter of the body (which is curved) is 3 and 11/16ths. (85mm). Its the other that I need the dimentions for. Or if anyone knows who to speak to for gravely chippers that would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Timber,

These guys stock odd imperial size & make bearings if you get a bearing make & part # and have a problem finding them its worth contacting them.

New Zealand Bearings Limited
09-263 0236
114 Wiri Station Rd Wiri Manukau

Cheers guys, most appreciated! Last time I had this problem it ate up the shaft as well, I replaced the bearings 2 years ago and wrote down the model specs but do you think I can find them? I wish I knew why it was doing bearings like this, its not due to lack of grease or foreign objects!

Back