Great......Now Echo thinks they're Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PES+

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Now that Echo has come out with a $600 pro 60CC saw they have started losing their collective historic minds.

" ECHO is about Innovation -- not Imitation. The longstanding reliability of ECHO's chain saws and lawn products have proven we are the technological innovator in the industry with these firsts:

Backpack Brushcutter (1960)
Backpack Blower (1975)
2-Stroke Engine-Powered String Trimmer (1977)"

hmmmmmm I had a Solo backpack blower given to me in the late 60s

I'm waiting on the commemorative plate honoring this milestone.

http://www.echo-usa.com/

http://www.solousa.com/history/index.htm

:smoking:

What saw could echo feel they have is worth 600 bones in their lineup? I like the older echos that acrualy had a little grunt but wouldn't pay half that for one of their new ones. I did however find a brand new 3400t in the saw store that time forgot and didn't hesitate to buy it. Great saw that the epa didn't have their hands on but everything echo now may be green certified but certainly underpowered.

I read that it has an all metal motor 3kw/4hp someone on here has one maybe he`ll chime in and give us a review, not bad looking saw with 5 yr warranty. Be lighter if it had a 18" bar instead of 20"

I did not get to try it

The CS-600P

It has their own version of "turbo" air cleaning and it is a metal crankcase with a standard bolt on cylinder so the potential is there.....

But the price is a killer....$559 list and their wholesale discount is rather skimpy.

The rep is probably mad at me now that the trimmers have the "Assembled in China" on the ser#plates.

I wonder if Stihl tells folks on their trimmers yet.

Yah

They pulled the trigger too soon.....it will likely better the 362 and it HAS to be better than the 455/460/450/22XX wonk club saws

Likely

The Echo 370 is the same porting layout as the Shinny 360 but in a clamshell case with plastic tanks.

I do not remember Shinny being any great shakes in this displacement class per se but they were pretty good

I highly doubt that.:laugh: Maybe equal to half of a 362, put 2 of the echos together and you might have a close race.

I hate the 362, and am not a Stihl Fanboy, but dangit if THAT ain't the truth.:clap::clap:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Only thing I can say is maybe Echo is trying to kill of the entire saw line on purpose?? I had hoped that when they combined with Shindy we would see the Shiny's continue or Shindys in Echo clothes but looks like they killed off the superior line completely. I handled one of the 600s at the Paul Bunyan show Saturday. Could have run it but didn't. Just another $450 saw IMO, problem being it is a $600 saw, should be a few thousand of them on ebay for half price in a few months, LOL. Some parts looked good, some cheesy.

I'm like you, boy just bought a 361 last week for $609, why take a chance on the $600 60CC Echo?? :confused: Oh I know its the 5 year warranty:popcorn:

I'm such a fan of my 80 cc Echo CS 800 right now, I would actually purchase the smaller Echo over the Stihl right now. I would still need to save at least $50 though or get some extras.

I fully blew up a Stihl MS 440 one time through no fault of my own...$800 out the window. Echo would have covered that on warranty.

Back