Grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK before anyone says anything, yes I have used the search and it has helped me some what.For under $300. I can get a new 511a delivered to my door. I noticed that Oregon has a new model the 511az. Is this one worth the extra $$? I want to upgrade from my current HF, and the Oregon appears to be the one or possibly the MAXX. Monies is tight. Does anyone have some spearenc (DW) on these? Ken

OK before anyone says anything, yes I have used the search and it has helped me some what.For under $300. I can get a new 511a delivered to my door. I noticed that Oregon has a new model the 511az. Is this one worth the extra $$? I want to upgrade from my current HF, and the Oregon appears to be the one or possibly the MAXX. Monies is tight. Does anyone have some spearenc (DW) on these? Ken
I have a TecoMec FL136, that is made in Italy, and they used to be called EFCO FL136. I have had it for 6 years, and I'm really pleased with it. They are under $300.00
I also Think, that this Company also makes the grinders for Oregon as well, but don't Quote me on this.

Northern Tool

Check them out.It's a knock off of the Oregon 511 for 105 dollars to your door.At least that was the price 2 monthes ago.If your doing like 20 chains a month it's plenty good enough.I had the 511 and the Maxx and they both are good.But unless you are going to do a lot of sharping,the Northern tool is plenty good enough in my humble opinion.I used to sharpen for a living.
Ed

Latest posts

Back