GTG Va, WV, PA, and West. MD is a go!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can maybe do that weekend. I'll need some directions I can't get the mapquest link going either.

Thats some good riding country down there. Wonder how many saws I can get on my Harley?

Sure is good Harley country. My excevation contractor rides his to the place every time he comes up to give us an estimate.

Since so many people are having problems with MapQuest here is the link to Barnum, West Virginia via Google Maps. Let me know if this one works...

Okay I have honestly made 2 dozen attempts to upload the URL for Google Maps/Barnum, WV with no luck. There is obviously some problem with the site since I have been able to do this easily in the past. I'll try starting a whole new message and see if that works. Otherwise the way to get the map via Google maps is to go to Google Maps and type in Barnum, WV and it should take you right to a close-up and you can back-up to see a wider map by using the - symbol in the upper left corner...

Barnum, WV Google Map attempt

This is an aerial photo of the area. Note the little green cameras giving links to photos of the area. http://wiki.worldflicks.org/barnum,_west_virginia.html#coords=(39.4418,%20-79.1145)&z=13

I have tried to link to the Google map to Barnum, West Virginia over 2 dozen time and It absolutely won't work...I think the link is just too long.

Okay, the only way I can get this to work is to use the link below then where it says "West Virginia" type in Barnum after the "West Virginia" and it'll take you to Barnum. You can back-up and get a wider view by using the - (minus mark) in the upper left corner. Sorry I couldn't make this easier. The link above worked the first time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=West ...ha-na-us-syn-gm&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=wv map

...Carl

Last edited:
Alot of good fishing and hunting down there been going down there for twenty years. I hope you dont live in downtown barnum. chub

Great...So far we have 6 confirmed 4 possible and only definite no...Carl

Wow, don't know how I missed this thread. Looks like a 2.5 hour drive so barring the unexpected, I plan on being there.

7oaks - my gps matches the google link but it almost looks like, as my father used to say, you can't get there from here - so it must be a real nice area.

Looking forward to it!

Hey, been wanting to see a GTG in my area... Cool
I am only about an hour from Keyser!!!
I have a bunch of ported saws that have ran at GTG's in the past.... Should be fun... Have ya thought about what kind of wood you may run in???
Square or Round wood... I have access to a mill if ya want some cants...
Be glad to help....

Hey, been wanting to see a GTG in my area... Cool
I am only about an hour from Keyser!!!
I have a bunch of ported saws that have ran at GTG's in the past.... Should be fun... Have ya thought about what kind of wood you may run in???
Square or Round wood... I have access to a mill if ya want some cants...
Be glad to help....

Welcome aboard look forward to seeing your ported saws, seeing how they run and talking with you about porting. I've got lots of a few dead trees that I thought to cut for logs. I've also got a Norwood mill but hadn't thought about cutting cants - I'm new at this myself though I used to photograph the Timber shows in Libby, Kalispell and Eureka, Montana. Those included professional loggers and contestants from around the world. But that was many moons ago.

So if you'd like to bring some cants that would be great. I'll put you down as a "will show". :) We're already getting quite a crew. It will be a blast!

...Carl

I just did all the math out and I'm about two and a half hours out. I'm in barring anything ugly happening in between now and then.

I just did all the math out and I'm about two and a half hours out. I'm in barring anything ugly happening in between now and then.

Wow:jawdrop:...with you added it looks like 9 confirmed and 4 maybe?

This is shaping up like one of those tornadoes just south of us this evening - much better than I imagined. I'm really looking forward to putting faces and names to online personas...Carl

Latest posts

Back