Guess what saw is a royal pain in my butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to it this time? Is the 576 still doing good?

What happened to it this time? Is the 576 still doing good?

Had a diaphragm put in the carb of the 7900 and sometimes it just doesn't want to start. I had a little flooding problem off and on with the 576, but that seems to have gone away the last couple of days it's a real nice saw to run I like it.

Typical Dolmar Day

Bring the first hitch out grab the 7900 fire it up make six cuts it, dies like you turned the switch off can't restart it get the 372 finish cutting the hitch up. Bring the second hitch out grab the 7900, it fires up make a few cuts dies again finish up with the 372. Bring out the third hitch, and the 7900 will not start. Going to drop it off at the saw shop on Monday.

Mingo,

What you are dealing with is the same thing that a couple other loggers I know were dealing with, with the 7900 or the Solo and Makita version, they just wouldn't start or run. One guy used it for felling trees and the other guys mostly used it for trimming logs at the sawmill, but either way, they would not stand up to the abuse and keep running .... reliably.

Sam

It seems like you have awful luck out of those 7900s.

I don't really think luck has anything to do with it. I have 2 7900's and a 5100 and have had trouble with all of them. I'm on my third 5100, and both 7900's have been replaced all under warranty. The last 5100 has been pretty good, but we have turned down to 13000rpms, but the carb still has to be ajusted quite a bit. There is a big difference from cutting a little bit of firewood or cookies to cutting timber all day every day.

One of the loggers that was close to where I lived in Wv had a 7300 he ran cutting logs and he had a good run with it. He was a dolmar and jonsered dealer. His other saw was a 2171.

Ya, Throw the pos away when it could be something as simple as a switch!

I've seen loggers that have them and love them. Always a few that can't figure out how to keep a saw alive!

The you need to sling an early model 044 mang! Like mine... :)

219239d1327336208-044-031-jpg

219240d1327336271-044-032-jpg

Gary

Latest posts

Back