Guy down the road wants me to cut some wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NDtreehugger

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
so I drive 150 miles to get some 2 stroke oil for the -------yup MS361
I know I don't need the synthetic stuff but what the heck I like the color and I know its good for the saw..

SO I get my gas stop by the house and the guy wants me to top all his trees

Did I say TOP ALL HIS TREEs

evergreen, box elder, ash. to 12 foot off the ground :jawdrop::givebeer:
:chainsaw:

All I could say was,, I will take them down to the ground for free or top them for $300.00 plus $100.00 disposal.. Where do you want me to start?

He said I would never pay that, and in the words of Paul Harvey Good Day is all I could say

Photog95

Photog95

ArboristSite Operative
I'm still stuck on you driving 150 miles for premix:jawdrop:

Same here. Looks like a good excuse to buy by the case on-line. When half is gone it is time to order another case.

Is there a motorcycle shop near by? You could always usr Belray MC-1 racing oil. It is a cool blue, and synthetic, and smells Ooooohhhhhh soooooo good on a cool morning. I used to run this stuff in my race bikes and it even carried over to my chainsaws until I bought my Stihl. At this time I run the Stihl oil because it is easily gotten for me and it is cheap compared to the MC-1.

150 miles?:dunno::monkey:

Raymond

Raymond

Addicted to ArboristSite
Besides I don't care for burning any of that wood.
I have a tree service and not in this for the firewood.
So I would even go into my neighbors yard and cut up and haul an oak log laying down in the yard.

My saws only cut to the point we can load it and be gone.
If they wanna keep the wood, that's cool. I'll leave it nicely piled up in one man clean poles. If they want it cut to firewood length, I charge more than they wanna pay.

NDtreehugger

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
its not so far

that's where town is.

We have a hardware store in town but I asked the owner to back his product, he wouldn't do it, I said with a label like

Smokeless synthetic formula replaces all mix ratios ,

I would have doubts about using it in a Poulan.

So off to town picked up a few six-packs of synthetic stihl brand,,, besides it makes the dealer happy....

By the way,,I did find another dealer way better then the last

merlynr

merlynr

ArboristSite Operative
drive by

So I've been going by this house almost every day on my way to a rehab job and since early winter there has been this nice pile of oak rounds and a little bit of limbs. I don't see any fireplace or chimney of any kind and keep wondering what he was going to do with the wood. I'm driving by last eve and he was out there with his small son working on a toy and I stopped and asked him about the wood. First thing he says is you can have it if u want it. So I volunteered to take the pile of limbs away also. I think we both feel better now.

streeter

streeter

ArboristSite Operative
I'm pretty sure he made the trip to town for many things (groceries, sundries, clothes, etc). It i funny how quickly we forget that previous generations used to make the day trip to town for supplies.

I drive 100 mile round trip just to go to work!! You just plan your trips accordingly:clap:

NDtreehugger

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Thanks for the offer but

you would need to send Chinese food with that oil, may-be a Hardy's burger

A day on the town is something to look forward to 75 miles there and the same back after-all its spring

:blob2:

Dalmatian90

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok...150 miles round trip ain't bad. I used to commute 100 miles round trip a day, may end up in the 150 miles a day range again with this economy :(

I can still remember when my parents had to make sure we'd have enough gas if we were traveling somewhere on a holiday, since none of the gas stations around here were open at night or holidays, and there weren't that many near the cities either. Now there's a couple 24 hour stations in town. Lowe's is 10 minutes away, and WalMart's got an application in for my town. Quite a change.

woodguy105

woodguy105

ArboristSite Guru
Ok...150 miles round trip ain't bad. I used to commute 100 miles round trip a day, may end up in the 150 miles a day range again with this economy :(

I can still remember when my parents had to make sure we'd have enough gas if we were traveling somewhere on a holiday, since none of the gas stations around here were open at night or holidays, and there weren't that many near the cities either. Now there's a couple 24 hour stations in town. Lowe's is 10 minutes away, and WalMart's got an application in for my town. Quite a change.

Hey Dalmation you talking about the proposed Walmart going in behind Hanks Restaurant on route 6??????