Gypo's piped 346 husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture, with part of a yard stick for measure, of a 372 flywheel/fan. I was lucky enough to have the 372 since that is what Tony has. I think it will be an eye opener Doug. We have all been excited by hopped up saws but the safety aspect should not be ignored. The approximate weight is 13 oz. The composition is apparently aluminum with captavited iron/steel magnets on one side. The opposite side has more material to compensate. Some holes are drilled in one side that I believe are balance holes (these on the outside and not visible in the picture).
When you finish your calculations it would be helpeful to neophites like me to have you compare them to familiar forces like a batted baseball, rifle bullet or some such. Thanks Doug. Mike

OK, Mike. Actually, my 266 flywheel is probably very close to that one. I've got some stuff to do presently, but I'll get to it by tomorrow.

Pretty interesting post about your rail gun Doug. I get a chuckle out of picturing you with a catcher`s mask running your experiments, although I`ve seen stranger things. Also found the account of exploding flywheels interesting. A few years ago, GE talked my company into performing a "turbine torsional test" which amounts to trying to stall an 1850mwT turbine spinning 1800 rpm. Talk about rockin' the house. :D

Russ

Latest posts

Back