Hackberry removal today.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeJunkie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Here a re some pics of a fairly tricky removal we did today. Lots of targets: fence, gas meter, wooden jungle gym, and oh yeah the very close by primary.
Together 5 of us today took her down, cleaned it up and ground the stump.

Check it out.....

We used an additional ratchet strap above the split to help hold her together. The secondary limb which was partly split was very close to the primary and got my blood pumping pretty good.

I can't even describe how useful the grcs was today. With out it i doubt we could have completed the job in the time we did today.. Unless a crane was used. I decided not go that route b/c i would have needed to get permission to setup the crane on the elementery school's property. As well as this time of year work isn't overly prevelant so any money i can keep in my pocket is great.

more pics...

Treejunkie,
Looks like you guys did a great job.....well done.
I have worked on many hackberries...the bark scrapes my arms like a mad cat got hold of me. They have some brutally rough bark. Reminds me of football cleats.
I did not look at all the pics because I'm on dial-up. Did you chip or trailer the brush?

chipped brush and hauled large wood w/ dump trailer....I do agree the bark is rough and will scrape you up pretty good if you're not careful....

Sorry to everyone about the large photos

Great job! Everthing go as planned? Nice small thin notches. Nice pully in your rigging. Big pieces as well.
Stay safe

Latest posts

Back