Harbor freight- New gas splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A while back HF discontinued all their gas splitters, so all they had was the one electric. So I was just checking and they now carry a 20t rated, 7hp apx gas, 24" throat, bi-direction splitter, Similar to the ones from Northern tools. currently sale priced at 999.99, toss the 20% coupon 799.99. I have no experience with this unit just passing info along. #61594.

Hf is funny these days. .. That 20% discount used to mean something now there are so many small print disclaimers it hardly applies to any decent product . Better double check you can actually use it in a splitter because internet only items and out of stock items usually are not allowable on that discount . You'd be way further ahead to not hope for a obscure Chinese splitter no one has or parts for and just buy a tried and true 22 tonHusky at tractor supply for 999$ instead

I bought a Country Tuff 22T (Speeco, has the speeco stickers right on it) yesterday on closeout for $800 cash money... Its the same as a Huskee (also a speeco) so i'm happy

not looking to purchase, just thought interesting as it seems just like the blue ones at NT and ya I read all the fine prints on the coupons before posting. ( took a magnifying glass though)

HF runs a 25% coupon in one of the weekend papers. Applying it to the normal price will sometimes be cheaper than a sale price on the coupon.

To get the cheapest price, really got to watch them though, as they change the sale and coupon prices on a lot of their products on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I had the chance to visit the Northern Tool factory, here in Minnesota a few months ago, where they make their red North Star log splitters, generators, and air compressors. According to their engineer, NT also owns a factory in China, where they build their blue Power Horse products, which gives them more control over having stuff built for them. They do own a few other brand names, and sell some things through different markets.

He said that they designed their 2-way splitter, and that most of the similar looking ones are 'look-alike' models. Ironic, as NT is frequently criticized for copying the designs of other products (e.g. chain grinders).

Anyway, I was impressed with their quality control on the Minnesota made products and would not hesitate to buy one. Their 2-way splitter is also sold under the GNE name with a Honda engine. I am pretty sure that the HF unit is not the same.

Philbert

I bought a Country Tuff 22T (Speeco, has the speeco stickers right on it) yesterday on closeout for $800 cash money... Its the same as a Huskee (also a speeco) so i'm happy
thats nice buy indeed,wish i could run across that deal

Latest posts

Back