? Hard case for a 041 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnieTrk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

Since the ol' 041FB running good again, I'd like to get a case for it so it doesn't bang around in the back of the jeep. The cardboard box with a shipping quilt is working now, but I'd like to step up to a hard case. I've bought an orange molded polyethylene clam-shell-style 'hard case' when I picked up my MS-250 that works great - contains any oil drips and protects the chain from banging around snaggin on stuff. But as we'd expect, it isn't shaped right to fit the 041FB.

Does anyone know if Stihl ever produced a hard case that a 041FB would fit securely into? :confused:
My local dealer didn't have any idea of one.....
BarnieTrk :cool: :popcorn:

I'm sure they did at one time. I personally don't use cases. I find them too bulky. A bar cover and placing the saw somewhere it won't bounce around and I'm down the road.

Marty

Yes they did, I have a near new 041 that came to me in its original Orange Stihl case with everything the dealer gave them including the original sales receipt. Not sure if an 041 would fit inside the cases sold today, the old cases were single sided and the new ones are double sided or blow moulded.

Pioneerguy600

Hey Fellas,

Does anyone here have / use one of the Fores-ter Saw Bags?

http://ahlbornequipment.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=1157&catId=

I'm thinking if I could pick one up for $20-$25, I wonder if that ol' Stihl 041FB would like to sleep in one of those or not?

I know Kingsley (aka Marty) doesn't think they're necessary, but I'm thinking this ol' saw might like it! :clap:

------ Any thoughts and/or opinions, Guys? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any & all input! :cheers:

BarnieTrk :)

Please don't take my comments to heart. They are simply my opinions, and we know what opinions are like.

Marty

Whoa - no sweat - there is NO offense or problems here, my friend! :cheers:
I respect your opinion & if that works for you & you're happy with it, GREAT!
It's all good! - BarnieTrk :cheers:

So, have you/anyone seen any of these saw bags in action?
If so, are they nice or like wrapping your saw in a ol' shirt? :dizzy:

make one out of wood?
you could make so it has locations for gas oil extra chains tools...
you could make it smaller by having it configured to hold PH with the bar off and hold the bar under the lid

So, have you/anyone seen any of these saw bags in action?
If so, are they nice or like wrapping your saw in a ol' shirt?

I haven't seen them in use, but I took a look at the one you posted and I wouldn't spend the money on it. Maybe slightly better than an old t-shirt.
Marty

Back